Mens Tennis Forums banner

Important tennis match or important match in another sport?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unsure if I can watch Pool's match tomorrow. LFC are my favourite club in any sport and I want so badly them to win the PL. Luckily that match begins 2hrs before the MC final, otherwise I would've missed it. The last thing I'm gonna do is to miss Fed-Stan in a big final, I definitely wanna see it. I'm more of a tennis fan than any other sports fan.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Depends on the sports, teams, and events

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
For Pool, always. Especially this season. Get your shit together man.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Yes, during this period of the year is hard to follow everything as the world snooker championship is currenly ongoing

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. But then, I just record one and watch it immediately after the one I watch live. Simple solution.

You can't record?
Well, you'll find those matches in internet even if you didn't record.

But I like following live. I usually check the score even if I could see the match only later. And I'd hear the score in Twitter anyway.

Tomorrow I don't have that problem but if I had, I'd watch tennis. Pool still has three more matches remaining. But I'mma not miss Pool's match vs. Chelsea nor the final round match. If there are interesting tennis matches during those footy matches, I'll watch them later. I really don't understand much about football, mostly care about result. Tennis is defferent, I wanna see who the match went. As soon as I find the time, I'll watch Dolgo-Nadal from IW, I missed it and wanna see it.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
If Athletic was playing a EL/CL/Copa final or the decisive match to win Liga, there's not a force on Earth who could stop me from watching it.

In fact, I'd probably haul my ass half across the world to watch it live wherever it was (happened with the EL final in Bucharest)

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
I wouldn't miss it, no. Like BuddyHolly I record if there is an important collision. I don't mind if watching is not live as long as I don't know what happened.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems like you are determined not to enjoy the best of both worlds.
And I'd have also one solution, watching two streams simultaneously. I'd probably have the footie commentary on but watch footie only during changeovers.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
I'm a big fan of a lot of sports, and although tennis is of course my big passion and I follow it intensively I'd basically never choose a single tennis match over some important Champions League match for example.
I enjoy tennis more as a whole. All the tournaments, loads of matches, first rounds in Slams, the whole experience. That is much more important to me than a single match,whichever that one might be. Most of the time I don't care that much for Slam finals for instance unless someone I really,really like plays in it, and cause I find Murray,Djokovic and Nadal playing each other in them disgusting and hugely boring. Thankfully that might be slowly coming to an end :D
Overall, I'd never put any player above the sport. And I can't say I love 1 sport the most, I have more of them as #1.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I would miss World Cup Final for a streamed Johnny Groove match and I'm sure most of MTF would as well.
My goal is to go to a JG match and find a way to stream it. I should be around for a tournament of his sometime.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I'll be watching both at the same time :cool:
yeah, probably this.

But when i think of it the only way i miss a Dimitrov GS final would be if Bulgaria is playing a WC final and again i'd watch both. With more attention on Dimitrov anyway..

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Hell no!

Only if Juve is playing the final of Champions League. But that's it.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Bristol City > tennis

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Of course! Sporting Lisbon football matches and all other CL matches >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else including any possible tennis match.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Yes. I follow tennis less in the fall when Clemson football is going on. I wouldn't watch any tennis natch over a big Clemson football game

1 - 20 of 41 Posts