I didn't say anything at all! . I, just curious since people are so thrilled with this blowfish dare, I thought I'd ask if you're up to a challenge :angel:Nah. There plenty of tuna for everyone.
Ooh wait. You fooled me. You'd probably stick it somewhere and "blow" it you. You pervert.
The toxic substance can withstand even the harshest environmental conditions, and that includes extreme high temperatures.Blowfish (or puffer fish) Japanese delicacy.
The primary toxin is tetrodotoxin, which is a sodium channel blocker with paralysing effect in large enough doses (and tasting it will feel a numbness in the mouth). However if prepared right by chefs, who remove the toxic components, it's right to eat.
Of course there's a certain degree of risk. But why do the Japanese insist and have a business of it?The toxic substance can withstand even the harshest environmental conditions, and that includes extreme high temperatures.
We're not safe!
They (Japanese wildlife researchers) were able to cultivate a blowfish that doesn't contain this toxic material. This toxic compound is the algae they eat in the sea.I think I've seen about it in a "worlds most expensive foods" docu and thought I would love to eat it. I agree 60+ would be a good age to risk it.