Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, why or why not if not.

I ask the gender only this way around because it's my view that it's a vastly different challenge MOST of the time being a step dad as to a step mum (unless he is a solo dad), as most of those guys only get the kids every other weekend where as as a step dad the child is going to be there monday-friday every week and every other weekend in most cases, so the odds are you will be more involved than even the bio-dad.

Thoughts? I'm still young and most guys my age say no, though I do wonder if they are single in their 30's whether most will have kids by then and they won't be able to be picky.

Reactions: octatennis

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I would not do it pesonally, maybe if the woman is not looking for a serious relatiinship, but we all know that anyone with a child is not willing to just fool around.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
I've banged tons of women with kids, russians usually have kids in their 20-25 and often get divorced and a few get divorced afterwards. As for dating I just met her in clubs and stuff so I don't know if you'd put it down as dating. Beware you need to have thicker girth than the the average Joe to please them for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I've banged tons of women with kids, russians usually have kids in their 20-25 and often get divorced and a few get divorced afterwards. As for dating I just met her in clubs and stuff so I don't know if you'd put it down as dating. Beware you need to have thicker girth than the the average Joe to please them for obvious reasons.
Don't think he meant one night stands. Obviously any man would have sex with single mothers, that's why milf are so popular.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
If "shes the one" get to know the kid or kids. And add everything in the end. If shes worth it go ahead.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
It's a case-by-case basis with many many variables. For myself if I ever lost my wife while my kids are still young it would need to be a fit not only with just me but with the kids too. I may like her very much, but if the kids don't then that would end it there. Being a father I would understand the other way as well, if she has kids it would have to be a fit between not only us, but the kids too. In these situations everybody needs to be happy.

It likely change as well if the other parent was still around. I'm not sure how I would feel about that situation.

Reactions: octatennis

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Only if she pays on the first date ;) Then we go from there. Look, I ain't paying for some mama who doesn't know where his her baby's daddy. That stuff might fly on Maury but not with me

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Don't think he meant one night stands. Obviously any man would have sex with single mothers, that's why milf are so popular.
He could still have them as booty calls without having to interact with the children.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
when the kids are already married and have their own families, what's the problem? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
21,309 Posts
If you mean serious dating, then no way. Raising one's own kids is challenging enough, would have no desire to raise somebody else's; unless you were planning to adopt anyway.

when the kids are already married and have their own families, what's the problem? :shrug:
Op is 20-something iirc, doubt he's dating a women in her 50s or 60s.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dunno, my ex gf had had a kid and she was tighter than a lot who haven't, staying in shape and doing your exercises has a lot to do with it I think

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
There are a lot of advantages to dating women with kids. For 1 their top priority will always be their kids which is great because you still have your space and a clingy woman is far less likely.Another great benefit if you have plans with her and she cancels it usually leads to "I am sorry for ditching here is some sex to make up for this sex". The 1 downside if all you want is to just casually date the time window for that is smaller as most will want to know if this could lead to something serious before she introduces you to her kid.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
So long as she is divorced

Hopefully the kids are like 15-16, good tennis players, that'd be a great scenario to get into for a few months

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Yes I would, but if things are getting serious between us, the problem might be if she does not want to have any more children with me.

That would be a deal breaker.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,534 Posts
So long as she is divorced

Hopefully the kids are like 15-16, good tennis players, that'd be a great scenario to get into for a few months
You have a great sense of optimism! :bigclap:

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
You have a great sense of optimism! :bigclap:
Every situation, no matter what, can always be spun into a positive :D

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Depends so much on the situation. Yeah, in some ways kids from a prevous relationship are a warning sign that her relationships aren't long-lived but she may have separated for so many reasons. And having kids plus one divorce is still better than multiple divorces and no kids.

But right now obviously not. I wouldn't like to have a dating partner whose life is ruled by her kids. And I don't want to have a really serious relationship before I have a job I like in a place I like. And I doubt someone with kids wants to have a half-serious relationship.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts