1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
He is just a wannabe. Clown

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
When I think of bad boy, I think of Safin.

I don't think anyone fits that description at the moment, not even Richie Rich.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,197 Posts
As others have said, he is just a clown with insecurity problems.

Gulbis is the closest to a bad boy at the top of the tour, a very cool bad boy.

EDIT: There's also Bully Janowicz.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Yes and he is only 25% through his development.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Great responses! Couldn't agree more. Most " bad boys" are wildly entertaining and you can't look away from. More often than not their desire to win is so great that they behave irrationally on court.

Fognini is none of those things. There is nothing fun about a narcissistic racist not even trying. Fognini has run off more crowds and caused more people not to return to tournaments than anyone I can ever recall.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
No. I think he acts like a spoiled 15 yr. old local junior. It's a testament to his talent that he got as far as he did, but he actually seems to be regressing mentally. On the personal front, his choice of a woman 6 yrs. his senior tells he probably has a mother complex and wants to be led around by the nose. If I was him, I'd go after Giorgi, but that's just me.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
he's not a bad boy he's just a clown

·
23,063 Posts
Last year he is quite going into that bad boy mode (even then I thought he was more or less quite mellow and just put his bad boy image only on memorable occasions) but now it is just plain sad to see what is happening to him.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts