Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been debating this since he left and Moya took the reigns.
And with each win im more into that this change was the best thing for Rafa.
And maybe should of been done a year earlier.

Dont get me wrong. O love Uncle Toni and gratefull for everything he did to Rafa so he could reach his full pontential. But even i have to admit that Uncle Toni doesnt know everything.

And late in Rafa career a more understadable coach and former player was what he needed.
Lessen the training mode was the best thing ever. Plus other tactics and strategies.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I think the best for Rafa would have been to have changed of coach after he burned out in the 2013 USO final.. or at latest the 2014 AO final that he lost with Wawrinka.. I have the feeling like the prescence of Toni in his camp give him extra pressure.. Too much like father son kind of relationship that you dont need at 34 yo... now with moya it is more like good friends.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nadal's worst years were 2015 and 2016 (no GS victories) and just this year he signed Moya and helped him a lot with his serve (among other things), to win in 2017 the USO and RG, and get finals in Miami and AO... I'm sure that without this change, nadal would not have reacted in this way.

·
Registered
854 Posts
He would've won much more.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the best for Rafa would have been to have changed of coach after he burned out in the 2013 USO final.. or at latest the 2014 AO final that he lost with Wawrinka.. I have the feeling like the prescence of Toni in his camp give him extra pressure.. Too much like father son kind of relationship that you dont need at 34 yo... now with moya it is more like good friends.
It was harder to part ways because of the family ties. If not Toni would of been gone along time ago. AO14 wasnt on Rafa and or Toni. Freak injury to the back.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Best Decision Ever

1 - 6 of 6 Posts