Mens Tennis Forums banner

Would Nadal have won the 2004 French Open?

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? He missed it due to injury, but that was his breakthrough year, featuring such highlights as beating Federer in Miami and helping Spain to the Davis Cup victory

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
he'd be the GOAT by now had it not been for all the terrible injuries he suffered throughout his wretched career...it is known

·
Banned
2,609 Posts

hmm it appears something changed in 2005 which stopped the "injuries" and got Nadull his first slam. Can't quite put my finger on it though...

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts

hmm it appears something changed in 2005 which stopped the "injuries" and got Nadull his first slam. Can't quite put my finger on it though...
He stopped wearing sleeves.

On topic, I think he would have made SF.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Healthy GOAT would have won every RG he'd choose to participate in. Troll thread.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Wouldn't really say that was his breakthrough year.

To answer the question, no. Might have made the QF at a push but he wasn't physically good enough (sounds odd saying that about Nadal).

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Guy is so lucky because he didn't played RG 2004 and 2003. He wouldn't have the 68-1 record otherwise.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Actually he started wearing the sleeveless shirts in 2004. Here's a picture from the match that kicked off his career dominance over Federer - Miami, 2004. He hadn't started wearing the capri pants yet though.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^That's a 17 year old; insane.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts