Mens Tennis Forums banner

Would Murray winning RG be more of a shock than Stan's AO?

• Yes

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Equally a shock

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would Murray winning RG be more of a shock than Stan's AO?

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Re: Poll: Would Murray winning RG be more of a shock than Stan's AO?

Who cares? It's not happening

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Poll: Would Murray winning RG be more of a shock than Stan's AO?

Who cares? It's not happening
Probably not, yes. But that's what 98% of people would've said about Stan before it happened...

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
I would be more shocked if Murray reaches the quarters

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
for Murray to win RG he would need a hurricane wind every day and Fed, Djoko and Bald all getting injured or knocked out so yes, it would be a bigger shock.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I would be more shocked if Murray reaches the quarters
yep, without question. Murray is a player without accomplished history on clay and he's had a rough down season, Stan was a player on the rise with an upward trend (those 2 huge matches with Djokovic at AO and USO, and good slam results in 13), who wasn't bad on hard court anyway, I mean he won Chennai warm up before the AO, it's not like he had no momentum.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Bigger shock. Yes, Murray lucked out with the draw and reached the SFs one year, but I'm struggling to think of a genuine quality player he has defeated on clay...

His movement on the surface is terrible, which is a massive disadvantage for a defensive player. Not to mention he hasn't done anything note-worthy away from grass since AO2013. Massive shock indeed.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Funny: Djokovic and Murray are incredible movers on hard. But Andy on clay and Novak on grass are like cows on ice :lol:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny: Djokovic and Murray are incredible movers on hard. But Andy on clay and Novak on grass are like cows on ice :lol:
Imagining a cow on ice winning Wimbledon is quite an amusing picture.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Unlike Murray on clay, Djokovic actually won a slam on grass and reached one final so yeah that's his worst surface but you can't really compare these two's results on their worst surface

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Bit harsh. I'd agree his movement is weaker on grass than HC, but 'a cow on ice' doesn't seem appropriate for a player who's last 3 Wimbledon results are Winner, SF, RU...

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
Yes it would be because Murray has not proven much on clay. Hes shit on that surface compared to HC/Grass. 2011 was good but obviously not good enough(not even close) and he hasn't hasn't gone back to that level again, hes has been doing much worse in that last two years anyway. Wawrinka on the other hand was on a rise since 2013, his match against Djokovic in AO 2013, was improving immensely, took Djokovic to Djokovic to 5 in the USO again, SF in WTF, etc.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Unlike Murray on clay, Djokovic actually won a slam on grass and reached one final so yeah that's his worst surface but you can't really compare these two's results on their worst surface
You can't also compare the 2 players. Nole is 3 times the player Murray will ever be.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts