Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really was rooting for Rafa to win this match, but it wasn't meant to be. I hope that he ups his play at the US and Aussie Opens, at least, and maybe even makes the Wimbledon final next year...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yep, me too. This match literally had me doubled over, full puke mode. He was so close. Really would have been fantastic to see Rafa hold that trophy. Going into today, I wasn't sure who I wanted to win. Both great guys, players. But, I got in Rafa's box in the first and stayed there. Damn, can't remember being made nearly sick during a match since Ivanisevic/Rafter. I need a drink. Too bad it's only 11 am where I am;)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
He has a better chance at Wimby than the others slams I think.

USO is too fast for him I'd say

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Most likely at next Australian Open or Wimbledon. Believe US Open courts too fast and Nadal will have to stand too far behind baseline.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I don't reckon he has much of a chance in the US open to tell the truth. But all the others he has a great chance. He has the best defensive tennis in the game and has the ability to be aggressive. He just needs to find the right balance, play with more variety against different type of players.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, me too. This match literally had me doubled over, full puke mode. He was so close. Really would have been fantastic to see Rafa hold that trophy. Going into today, I wasn't sure who I wanted to win. Both great guys, players. But, I got in Rafa's box in the first and stayed there. Damn, can't remember being made nearly sick during a match since Ivanisevic/Rafter. I need a drink. Too bad it's only 11 am where I am;)
Funny thing is, I thought I would vomit if Federer lost. How embarrassing would that be, decked out in Nike gold with Borg in the stands...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts