Mens Tennis Forums banner

Would Jannik Sinner winning RG 2020* be the best result for Tennis?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Undecided, don't know, or don't care.

Votes: 2 6.1%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17,802 Posts
thats the best advice he got?

Lol

I think any MTF'er would have been capable of that

·
Registered
17,922 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts

Lol

If I were a 18yo and Sharapova would suggest me to use forehand on one side and backhand on the other, I would call it the best advice I ever had.

Edit: on topic, yes of course it would be awesome. The road ends today though.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts

Lol

I can think of a few exceptions... 😂

To answer the question, from me it is yes. Who wouldn't be excited about a 19 year old slam champion? It would be an good thing.

I would be surprised if Sinner is up to the task physically, though. Sinner is a great example in opposing those who recommend hypertrophy in generating greater power (as if there needs to be more examples, anyway), but it's the fact that he is inexperienced at this level and he has the biggest task in tennis ahead of him. It's a big ask.

·
|
15,341 Posts
Sinner and Zverev played a lot of really long rallies (65 rallies of 9 shots or more), and even though Sinner was the more aggressive player, I'm surprised to hear he's not waiting for unforced errors.....there were plenty of unforced errors in that match.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well if he can beat Nadal then Thiem then Djokovic back to back to back... That would be something, wouldn't it?

Surely that sounds impossible, though. That would be the single greatest achievement in one tournament that an player has ever done.

But to answer your question: hell yes

·
Registered
391 Posts
I hope for a Nadal win but if a youngster can win the whole thing by going through Nadal and Djokovic on clay that would be too damn epic to refuse.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Getting advice from Sharapova. Oy vey.

·
|
15,341 Posts
It would be tragic and horrific if he beat Nadal, because its not physically possible for him to beat 3 great players in a row, so beating Nadal would just ruin the draw and make it easier for others.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Why would it ruin the draw? Wouldn't it enhance the draw to have the best claycourter advance?

·
Premium Member
11,528 Posts
It would be tragic and horrific if he beat Nadal, because its not physically possible for him to beat 3 great players in a row, so beating Nadal would just ruin the draw and make it easier for others.
Take off the tinted glasses for a second.

Wouldn't it be great to have Sinner win RG? Even if hypothetical?

Question wasn't if Nadal loses and then Sinner is too tired...

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Obviously it would be sensational and very refreshing but not looking past some journeyman from Mallorca.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Would it be great? Of course. If you love sport then something like this happening would excite you. Somebody only has to tell Nadal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts