Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont imagine too many crowds would be fussed by it, but Australians do value their wildlife a lot more than some other countries.

I know they are just insects, but I usually see the ballboys come and take the creepy crawly away, or the player gently swat it away with their racket.

If a player was to squash it with the frame of their racket and swat it to the side, do you think the crowd would boo them?

After seeing the way the crowd acted with Birdytch refusing to shake hands with Almagro, I wonder whether something so simple could set them off. I think a player will do it one day.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
If the guy doing it was playing an Australian, then sure they would be offended.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
It would certainly give PETA a reason to whine.

·
TOMUG UNITED
1,485 Posts
Being Aussie, the crowd would probably boo/yell out, not due to the fact that a bug was squished but rather that they have a excuse to make some noise (ie. Berdych scenario)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'd just love to see a player do that:worship::worship::worship:
imagine i it's one of the top 4, oh the endless trolling!:devil:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I honestly thought that Australians did eat Kangaroo and Emu meat.. anyways it would be more ethical to take the insects and put them away from the court rather than to kill them with a racquet o_O

·
Registered
82 Posts
I honestly thought that Australians did eat Kangaroo and Emu meat
We shoot kangaroos for the dogs. Some people eat them, I've only ever eaten Kangaroo on a tour of the NT, so human consumption of kangaroo meat would be from tourists mostly.

The bugs are attracting birds now.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
i've seen players do that before (with their shoes, not their racquets though) and the crowd has laughed about it or just ignored it

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Depends on the crowd. Depends on the bug. Does not depend on the racquet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
We shoot kangaroos for the dogs. Some people eat them, I've only ever eaten Kangaroo on a tour of the NT, so human consumption of kangaroo meat would be from tourists mostly.

The bugs are attracting birds now.
don't know where you live, but kangaroo meat is sold in all major supermarkets. Like venison it is extremely lean, excellent protein.

Iwould imagine the reason that the players don't squash the bugs, is because of the mess it would make of the court and the subsequent risk for players slipping on the detritus. Have you seen the size of bugs in Australia!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts