Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tough day at work? Or maybe you cannot compete with balanced arguments.

Once again: Who in your mind is the greatest ALL COURT tennis player of all time?

I suggest you listen to the official ATP podcast. The latest edition talked about how the GOAT should have an all court game and you would base the GOAT on being great on all surfaces

I speak balanced opinions. I am not a Djokovic or fedal fan boy, but what bugs me is exactly that: fanboys who choose to not see reality and the bigger picture. 13 Slams on One surface = One trip pony. Obviously a great achievement, I wish I could win one of them. But nevertheless, once again, I ask you, who is the greatest all court, all surface (not just the dirt) player of all time? Could it be rafa? Because "he nearly won the AO in 2017"? Or could it be the Djokovic or Federer who have actually had their trophy spread out more. I mean, Djokovic winning all masters 1000 twice just speaks volumes of what an all court player he is. You can't be goat and be king of clay and missing in action on the other surfaces despite "nearly winning an AO".

Just once more: Who is the greatest all court tennis player of all time?

A) Nadal
B) Djokovic
C) Federer
Dude i think you struggle with facts. Djokovic has won the majority of his Majors on Hard court lol. He is a failure on clay though with only one Major. Nadal has won on all surfaces loads of times. Every expert has Nadal as the most complete and versatile player and it is unanimous now Nadal is GOAT. So best to find a new discussion.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Dude i think you struggle with facts. Djokovic has won the majority of his Majors on Hard court lol. He is a failure on clay though with only one Major. Nadal has won on all surfaces loads of times. Every expert has Nadal as the most complete and versatile player and it is unanimous now Nadal is GOAT. So best to find a new discussion.
He has won the majority of his majors on hard and also grass. He is the best grass court player right now and has been for some time. He is the best hard court player and has been for some time. Get your facts right dude. Nadal is not better than Djoker on grass or hard court. He has not beat Djoker on hard court for MANY MANY years! He's a one surface King whilst Djokovic is King

·
Registered
567 Posts
The last time Nadal beat Djokovic outside of Clay was US Open 2013. Swallow that! He is useless outside of clay when he is up against the two GOATs (Nole and FED). How do you defend such embarrassing stats outside of clay against the better two?

And World Tour Finals? Nadal can't hide behind a cakewalk draw, he has to face top opposition from the get go and he falls short, time and time again. If he truly was GOAT, why didn't he win a WTF?

·
Registered
259 Posts
He has won the majority of his majors on hard and also grass. He is the best grass court player right now and has been for some time. He is the best hard court player and has been for some time. Get your facts right dude. Nadal is not better than Djoker on grass or hard court. He has not beat Djoker on hard court for MANY MANY years! He's a one surface King whilst Djokovic is King
I wonder why you even reply to this individual. It's enough to see a few of his last posts to know that either he is infinitely stupid or he is a troll. I lean to the latter explanation. I mean, 'all experts consider Nadal to be the most complete and versatile player? Unanimous GOAT? Won all surfaces loads of time?' You cannot be that dumb. I hope it's not the case so I consider him to be a very unsophisticated troll.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Clearly Nadal. Multiple Majors on all surfaces and the Surface Slam. Id put Federer ahead of Djokovic though.
1 AO and 1 Wimbledon nearly 10 years ago? The game has moves on from 2010. The level now is far higher and that is because the big 3 made each other better players so winning Slams 10 years ago is not the same as winning Slams now. But you would not admit that would you. Nole didn't turn up until 2011 when he sorted his diet out, and then what happened to Nadal? That's right, he was dominated outside of clay for the past 10 years

·
Registered
567 Posts
I wonder why you even reply to this individual. It's enough to see a few of his last posts to know that either he is infinitely stupid or he is a troll. I lean to the latter explanation. I mean, 'all experts consider Nadal to be the most complete and versatile player? Unanimous GOAT? Won all surfaces loads of time?' You cannot be that dumb. I hope it's not the case so I consider him to be a very unsophisticated troll.
Exactly. All they have is sensational claims as facts and not balanced arguments

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
His best bet at this point is to continue to focus on his most successful surface and hope that he is able to create a divide in masters and slams because of it.

If he is able to do that and end up with something like 3 more slams than the others than it will be very difficult to argue against him being the goat.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Tough day at work? Or maybe you cannot compete with balanced arguments.

Once again: Who in your mind is the greatest ALL COURT tennis player of all time?

I suggest you listen to the official ATP podcast. The latest edition talked about how the GOAT should have an all court game and you would base the GOAT on being great on all surfaces

I speak balanced opinions. I am not a Djokovic or fedal fan boy, but what bugs me is exactly that: fanboys who choose to not see reality and the bigger picture. 13 Slams on One surface = One trip pony. Obviously a great achievement, I wish I could win one of them. But nevertheless, once again, I ask you, who is the greatest all court, all surface (not just the dirt) player of all time? Could it be rafa? Because "he nearly won the AO in 2017"? Or could it be the Djokovic or Federer who have actually had their trophy spread out more. I mean, Djokovic winning all masters 1000 twice just speaks volumes of what an all court player he is. You can't be goat and be king of clay and missing in action on the other surfaces despite "nearly winning an AO".

Just once more: Who is the greatest all court tennis player of all time?

A) Nadal
B) Djokovic
C) Federer
Obviously Nadal, troll, the one and only to have multiple slams on all surfaces and to beat the other two on their respective alleged "best" surfaces.

The mere thought of someone with one sorry clay slam being the greatest all court player is as laughable as that of a troll like you making any sense. Just impossible.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Obviously Nadal, troll, the one and only to have multiple slams on all surfaces and to beat the other two on their respective alleged "best" surfaces.

The mere thought of someone with one sorry clay slam being the greatest all court player is as laughable as that of a troll like you making any sense. Just impossible.
Hi Troll. One AO nearly 10 years ago and Wimbledon 10 years ago just isn't convincing me that Clayman is an all court great. Dj has had his slams spread out over a decade or more. Claymans AO and Wimbledon titles were from during weaker era a decade ago and it may aswell be forgotten because he obviously cannot beat DJ in a slam these days outside of clay

Once again. Claymans has not beat DJ in a slam outside of clay since US Open 2013? That to me is not GOAT material. GOATS win and they beat their rival in a tough era. Now troll, you need to come back here with more intelligence without sounding like an obsessed fan girl who has no life

·
Your visions will happen
48,641 Posts
He needs more weeks at #1

Best way to do that is to max out on your best surface, peak for the slams, and practice selected vulturing otherwise

·
Registered
35 Posts
The one-trip pony won a Wimblendon and AO final against Fed and won two USO finals against Nole, with a winning H2H against Fed in AO and a winning H2H and more titles than Djokovic in USO. Even if we take out they best surface, it has 7 GS VS 6 GS in the case of Djokovic and 9 (yes, a little better) in the case of Federer.

The only three players with better numbers in slams outside of clay are Fed, Nole and Sampras.

People are talking about the greatness of Nole and Fed for winning once RG and several finals because they played against GOAT and clay and at the same time they are undervaluing the results of Nadal, in the top five of the entire Open Era against the Goats on hard court and Goat in pasture (Fed).

It is ridiculous that some people have had the courage to call anothers trolls or fangirls with such arguments and saltiness. But hey, for years they had been patting each other on the back. And thats why this forums can be very toxic sometimes, its a shame with a lot of greats posters this forums had.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
He needs more weeks at #1

Best way to do that is to max out on your best surface, peak for the slams, and practice selected vulturing otherwise
I don't think he can realistically look to build on weeks at #1 at this point in his career. He just can't play a full schedule and expect to stay healthy at this point (or really through a lot of his career for that matter).

Djokovic has shown that he is still capable of playing a pretty full schedule still without too much wear and tear and it's only a matter of time before one of these younger guys starts to have some more consistent results all year long and with a full schedule.

His best bet is keep racking slams and masters (focusing on clay ones) and look to distance himself in those areas.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
The one-trip pony won a Wimblendon and AO final against Fed and won two USO finals against Nole, with a winning H2H against Fed in AO and a winning H2H and more titles than Djokovic in USO. Even if we take out they best surface, it has 7 GS VS 6 GS in the case of Djokovic and 9 (yes, a little better) in the case of Federer.

The only three players with better numbers in slams outside of clay are Fed, Nole and Sampras.

People are talking about the greatness of Nole and Fed for winning once RG and several finals because they played against GOAT and clay and at the same time they are undervaluing the results of Nadal, in the top five of the entire Open Era against the Goats on hard court and Goat in pasture (Fed).

It is ridiculous that some people have had the courage to call anothers trolls or fangirls with such arguments and saltiness. But hey, for years they had been patting each other on the back. And thats why this forums can be very toxic sometimes, its a shame with a lot of greats posters this forums had.
Really hate when people lump the AO and USO together as one surface. Since like 2008 the two tournaments have played absolutely nothing like one another. USO is more of a traditional HC (high bounce and higher spin court) and AO is actually plexicushion (lower bounce and lower spin court). The characteristics of each surface might give you some understanding why Nadal has better results at the USO than he does AO.

That being said Djokovic has underperformed at the USO because he has had far too many opportunities at the USO to have only won it 3 times so far (probably should be 5+, but let too many opportunities slip).

Djokovic is absolutely better outside of his best slam (9 titles) than Nadal is outside of his best slam (7 titles).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Really hate when people lump the AO and USO together as one surface. Since like 2008 the two tournaments have played absolutely nothing like one another. USO is more of a traditional HC (high bounce and higher spin court) and AO is actually plexicushion (lower bounce and lower spin court). The characteristics of each surface might give you some understanding why Nadal has better results at the USO than he does AO.

That being said Djokovic has underperformed at the USO because he has had far too many opportunities at the USO to have only won it 3 times so far (probably should be 5+, but let too many opportunities slip).

Djokovic is absolutely better outside of his best slam (9 titles) than Nadal is outside of his best slam (7 titles).
I concede this to you but not all clay events or grass events play equally either but you're right in your point and hardcourt allows more changes in that aspect, but this not change my argument and this puts Nadal and Nole better one against the another better in two slams(RG-USO vs AO-WMB).

Well absolutely i don't think so but nevermind

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Troll. One AO nearly 10 years ago and Wimbledon 10 years ago just isn't convincing me that Clayman is an all court great. Dj has had his slams spread out over a decade or more. Claymans AO and Wimbledon titles were from during weaker era a decade ago and it may aswell be forgotten because he obviously cannot beat DJ in a slam these days outside of clay

Once again. Claymans has not beat DJ in a slam outside of clay since US Open 2013? That to me is not GOAT material. GOATS win and they beat their rival in a tough era. Now troll, you need to come back here with more intelligence without sounding like an obsessed fan girl who has no life
So Nadal hasn't beaten Djoko in a Slam outside of clay since US Open 2013?

How many times have they met in the US Open since then? None.
How many times have they met in the Oz since then? One. Great victory for Djoko but it's just one match
How many times have they met at Wimbledon since then? One. That epic 5 set thriller, where Novak demanded the roof stay closed on day 2 and Nadal had 5 break points to serve for the match.

Did you also know that Federer hasn't beaten Sampras at Wimbledon since 2001? That Rogie bloke must be overrated. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
In terms of the OP question, I'd say No. I would like to see Nadal skip Madrid because it is back-to-back with Rome, and is the 'red herring' out of the 5 Red clay tournaments but we know he feels obliged to play it. I don't think he should play Queens. Barring injury, he's likely to always go deep in Roland Garros and needs some time off before Wimbledon. I believe this would be case regardless of if he played 2 or 4 clay events beforehand. Djoko normally doesn't play anything, and I think the rest between GS's serves him well.

Preferred schedule
1/ Oz tuneup event
2/ Oz
3/ Acapulco
4/ Indian Wells
5/Monte Carlo
6/Barcelona
7/Rome
8/Roland Garros
9/Wimbledon
10/Olympics
11/Canada
12/US Open
13/Bercy
14/WTF

·
Registered
3,901 Posts

Let’s not forget that impressive win over Novak at Queen’s Club Grass tourn. in.....................2008.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts

Don’t forget all the seasons he had to bear the brunt w/ Fed &/or Warwinka in his draw half almost always opposite to Nadal’s at USO but yes, 8 times finalist added to 2020 DQ implies some sort of missed opportunities or curse.

81 - 100 of 151 Posts