Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 151 Posts

·
|
15,009 Posts
Nadal has won multiple slams on clay, grass and hardcourt.
Mats Wilander is the only other man to do that, but he didn't win enough slams overall (7) to be considered top tier.
Wilander won TWO AOs on grass, and he won an AO on hardcourt and USO, and he won 3 French Opens.
Best result at Wimbledon was QF (3 times).

·
Registered
822 Posts
No problem El_Toro , it's always a pleasure to read you, as long as we take the trouble to give you the inspiration :)
Do not spare yourself , but don't get angry :)

It's a great family here.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Funny how top players talk about goals they have, but rafa does not talk about the gaping difference in clay Slams versus hard/grass. Surely, the most important goal for any tennis player, the main wish you have, is to be competitive on all surfaces and focus on the Slams and surfaces where you are most weak.
Unbelievable Rafa has not yet asked you what career goals should he have. I'll give him your number.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Nadal has won multiple slams on clay, grass and hardcourt.
Mats Wilander is the only other man to do that, but he didn't win enough slams overall (7) to be considered top tier.
Wilander won TWO AOs on grass, and he won an AO on hardcourt and USO, and he won 3 French Opens.
Best result at Wimbledon was QF (3 times).
Lmao, needing to resort to comparing resume off Clay to ‘Weirdander’ to justify argument.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Tricky question. While it would probably do his legacy better to play and win a bit more off clay than on it, clay is also where he draws all his confidence and momentum from and it's the easiest on his body. Personally I think he should drop to one or two clay warm-ups only and seriously consider whether Wimbledon is worthwhile. He's not winning there again and the surface change is tough to adjust to. After RG he should focus on Canada/US Open as he has great chances there and building up his USO legacy even more will do him good.

·
Registered
567 Posts
He is still very competitive in other slams. He has reached 2 AO finals (nearly winning one), two WB SF out of three (nearly winning one, competitive in the other vs Grass court great),
Nearly winning one? Lol. Meanwhile he just secured his 13th clay slam. That is very balanced isn't it. I guess if he "nearly wins another (AO) " he definitely is the GOAT lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
A slam is a slam. It would be stupid to focus on your weakness and lose your strengths.
But he is supposed to be the GOAT? Why not improve his weak surfaces? A slam is a slam yes but another RG is another reason why he is a one trip pony. The greatest clay courter yes, the GOAT, absolutely not. Also he hasn't even won WTF. He can only win Slams because he usually has 5 easy matches. WTF, there is no easy matches (on paper). Also he has not won all masters 1000's. Djoker has twice and not far from doing it 3 times. I could go on and on. Nadal is the greatest clay court player we have ever seen and if somebody says he is the GOAT, you cannot finish the sentence without saying 'yeah but only on clay'

Goodbye trolls

·
Registered
430 Posts
But he is supposed to be the GOAT? Why not improve his weak surfaces? A slam is a slam yes but another RG is another reason why he is a one trip pony. The greatest clay courter yes, the GOAT, absolutely not. Also he hasn't even won WTF. He can only win Slams because he usually has 5 easy matches. WTF, there is no easy matches (on paper). Also he has not won all masters 1000's. Djoker has twice and not far from doing it 3 times. I could go on and on. Nadal is the greatest clay court player we have ever seen and if somebody says he is the GOAT, you cannot finish the sentence without saying 'yeah but only on clay'

Goodbye trolls
I absolutely agree with you.

"if somebody says he is the GOAT, you cannot finish the sentence without saying 'yeah but only on clay'..."

Absolutely spot on. But may I point out that you can't even say such a thing for either Roger or Novak on any surface 😎😋

Adieu, o salty troll! Good riddance 🙏

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nearly winning one? Lol. Meanwhile he just secured his 13th clay slam. That is very balanced isn't it. I guess if he "nearly wins another (AO) " he definitely is the GOAT lol
Yup, I agree..... Wake me up when Roger or Novak come even within a viewing distance of La Coupe de Mousquetaires....💤

Reactions: echf

·
Registered
430 Posts
You're a dumb troll and that's a fact, sorry
I am absolutely loving this.....rubbing it into those miserable trolls. Actually, I had decided to ignore them, but they don't seem to understand when to shut up. Glad to have been a Rafa-only fan since 2005 😊

·
Registered
567 Posts
You're a dumb troll and that's a fact, sorry
Nice comeback. You talk like a fan boy and behave like an obsessed girl over Rafa. The GOAT is between Fed and Nole. They are more all court players. Even if Nadal wins another 10 RG's, I'm still not buying into it him being the GOAT unless you put GOAT*(Clay only)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yup, I agree..... Wake me up when Roger or Novak come even within a viewing distance of La Coupe de Mousquetaires....💤
I absolutely agree with you.

"if somebody says he is the GOAT, you cannot finish the sentence without saying 'yeah but only on clay'..."

Absolutely spot on. But may I point out that you can't even say such a thing for either Roger or Novak on any surface 😎😋

Adieu, o salty troll! Good riddance 🙏
Now you are turning this into let's see who can win a single event 25 times. Rafa is the (one trip) pony. Novak and fed, the GOAT. And you, you are irrelevant to me and also in life and just an obsessed fan girl. You cannot admit who is the best all court tennis player?

Let me ask you this: Who honestly is the best all court tennis player of all time? Can you answer me that question as honestly as possible? I am not a troll. I have presented a balanced argument but you are the salty one. There is no shame in rafa being the 3rd greatest player of all time. It is a great achievement and he definitely cemented 3rd place this past Sunday with another clay slam highlighting the fact that the other two are better all court players and Nadal is the clay king. I think us trolls would sign up for 3rd GOAT any day of the week.

Looking forward to Nadal "nearly winning another AO" after he comes up short in the final against the far better all court players and GOATs, Novak or Federer. Then Rafa will win his 14th RG, at which point, he should say OK enough is enough, I think I need an AO now before he retires. Unfortunately, he took the easy option and didn't develop himself as an all court player. He could of had an amazing career that Rafa (on all surfaces)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Now you are turning this into let's see who can win a single event 25 times. Rafa is the (one trip) pony. Novak and fed, the GOAT. And you, you are irrelevant to me and also in life and just an obsessed fan girl. You cannot admit who is the best all court tennis player?

Let me ask you this: Who honestly is the best all court tennis player of all time? Can you answer me that question as honestly as possible? I am not a troll. I have presented a balanced argument but you are the salty one. There is no shame in rafa being the 3rd greatest player of all time. It is a great achievement and he definitely cemented 3rd place this past Sunday with another clay slam highlighting the fact that the other two are better all court players and Nadal is the clay king. I think us trolls would sign up for 3rd GOAT any day of the week.

Looking forward to Nadal "nearly winning another AO" after he comes up short in the final against the far better all court players and GOATs, Novak or Federer. Then Rafa will win his 14th RG, at which point, he should say OK enough is enough, I think I need an AO now before he retires. Unfortunately, he took the easy option and didn't develop himself as an all court player. He could of had an amazing career that Rafa (on all surfaces)
You sound like a spoilt child that yells and locks itself in a room, then comes out and yells again. Even if I have the time, I won't be wasting on miserable tards like you.

Reactions: Bakano

·
Registered
567 Posts
You sound like a spoilt child that yells and locks itself in a room, then comes out and yells again. Even if I have the time, I won't be wasting on miserable tards like you.
Tough day at work? Or maybe you cannot compete with balanced arguments.

Once again: Who in your mind is the greatest ALL COURT tennis player of all time?

I suggest you listen to the official ATP podcast. The latest edition talked about how the GOAT should have an all court game and you would base the GOAT on being great on all surfaces

I speak balanced opinions. I am not a Djokovic or fedal fan boy, but what bugs me is exactly that: fanboys who choose to not see reality and the bigger picture. 13 Slams on One surface = One trip pony. Obviously a great achievement, I wish I could win one of them. But nevertheless, once again, I ask you, who is the greatest all court, all surface (not just the dirt) player of all time? Could it be rafa? Because "he nearly won the AO in 2017"? Or could it be the Djokovic or Federer who have actually had their trophy spread out more. I mean, Djokovic winning all masters 1000 twice just speaks volumes of what an all court player he is. You can't be goat and be king of clay and missing in action on the other surfaces despite "nearly winning an AO".

Just once more: Who is the greatest all court tennis player of all time?

A) Nadal
B) Djokovic
C) Federer

·
Registered
294 Posts
The man plays only 3 matches in Rome and wins Roland Garros without dropping a set and losing 7 games in the final. All the myths that he needs many matches in advance to get himself into title-winning form at Roland Garros and that his nemesis, Djokovic, will defeat him or trouble him at Roland Garros when they play there again, have been dispelled.

At this point in time, I do not think Rafa has anything left to prove himself on clay. Would it be a good idea for Rafa to reduce clay workload like skipping (and traveling to) Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, and/or Rome, i.e., maybe, play one European clay event ahead of Roland Garros, and continue to just show up at Roland Garros and see how he does at Roland Garros? Would it be a good idea for Rafa to conserve his energy thus saved by not playing European clay events and spending that time and energy elsewhere, for instance, by spending his time and energy to hone his skills on hard and grass surface and playing and winning more hardcourt events and grass events, at this stage of his career?

His critics claim that he has not done enough or won enough on hard and grass. At the end of the day, Rafa's greatness can be extended further, if he wins more big titles on hard and grass. It is never too late, as Federer showed to us in the recent past by winning quite a few matches against his archrival, Rafa, and reducing Rafa's H2H lead against him at the tail end of his tennis career. Of course, sure, it also depends on what he wants to do with his tennis career, as he seems to be pretty self-content and self-satisfied with what he already achieved and where he is placed in his tennis career and in the tennis history.

Your thoughts and opinions on the subject are appreciated.
No. It winds up the haters he keeps adding to his GOAT status destroying everyone at FO and nowadays USO when he plays it and is fit, so he should just keep winning those 2 Majors.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Currently he is still UNDECIDED whether to play Paris and WTF or not. Thiem is just 825 ranking points away from RAFA.If Thiem Plays Paris and WTF and goes DEEP he may snatch the Number 2 ranking from Nadal. If this the case, Rafa will want to avoid the complications of being the 3rd seed and may face Djokovic in SF in AUS Open. I think he might play Paris and WTF.
2 and 3 seeds almost always are SF opponents. So makes no difference if Rafa is 1 or 2. And Thiem has loads of points to defend in London anyway.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tough day at work? Or maybe you cannot compete with balanced arguments.

Once again: Who in your mind is the greatest ALL COURT tennis player of all time?

I suggest you listen to the official ATP podcast. The latest edition talked about how the GOAT should have an all court game and you would base the GOAT on being great on all surfaces

I speak balanced opinions. I am not a Djokovic or fedal fan boy, but what bugs me is exactly that: fanboys who choose to not see reality and the bigger picture. 13 Slams on One surface = One trip pony. Obviously a great achievement, I wish I could win one of them. But nevertheless, once again, I ask you, who is the greatest all court, all surface (not just the dirt) player of all time? Could it be rafa? Because "he nearly won the AO in 2017"? Or could it be the Djokovic or Federer who have actually had their trophy spread out more. I mean, Djokovic winning all masters 1000 twice just speaks volumes of what an all court player he is. You can't be goat and be king of clay and missing in action on the other surfaces despite "nearly winning an AO".

Just once more: Who is the greatest all court tennis player of all time?

A) Nadal
B) Djokovic
C) Federer
Clearly Nadal. Multiple Majors on all surfaces and the Surface Slam. Id put Federer ahead of Djokovic though.

61 - 80 of 151 Posts