Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He hasn't won a grand slam since the 2018 AO, since then 2018 FO absent, 2018 W QF, 2018 USO 4th round, and 2019 AO 4th round... Therefore would Rogie winning the FO, W, or USO in 2019 be a shock to anyone here?? For me winning the FO would be a major shock, winning the USO would be a decent shock, and winning W would be a minor shock!!

It's just frustrating to see his horrible grand slam results since 2018 AO (Absent, QF, 4R, and again 4R).... Especially when I see who he's losing to, guys like Anderson, Millman, and Tsitsipas (0 for 12 on break point chances)... It's not like he's losing to Rafa, Djokovic, Del Potro, Wawrinka on clay, etc.... He's losing to guys IMO he has no business losing to!!

My conclusion: Anything short of the 4th round at the FO, SF at W, and QF at the USO will be major disappointments for me regarding Rogie!! Of course I want him to win all 3, after all, everybody should want their favorite to win every event, whether that happens or not, different story... The matter of fact is this, Rogie has to do better at grand slams, or he might as well stop playing them. If he keeps losing to people like Millman, etc... he has no more chances at big titles anymore for sure!! Would Rogie to break Connors' record ever consider if he continues to slide to just play a lot of 250s and 500s to get past 109 titles??

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put it this way, if Rogie does somehow finish with 22, and the 2 more are Wimbledon titles, you can bet it wasn't just an ordinary dream I had!!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What number in your opinion would make Rogie safe for the grand slam record in the forseeable future? 20, 21, 22, or Djokovic and/or Rafa win(s) more than Rogie no matter what the number?

·
10,269 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
It would be an absolute shock if the tour lets 38Year-Olderer to win another slam after 2019 Wimbledon. I would be absolutely shocked at the tour's failure and at my stupidity to continue to watch the clowns on the tour play.

2019 Wimbledon will be his last chance.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Put it this way, if Rogie does somehow finish with 22, and the 2 more are Wimbledon titles, you can bet it wasn't just an ordinary dream I had!!
No, dont go medieval now. It would be a coincidence, nothing more, nothing less

Now, if you dreamed about Fed having 50 slams and it happened, THEN it would be something else. 2 is to close to 20 and achievable to a minor degree that it wouldnt mean anything

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
In fact, I've had some dreams where I'm like searching a big screen in front of me, I verbally ask it, how many career grand slams did Rogie end up with and it has come out 22 a couple of times, I think 2 more Wimbledons, so who knows??
:worship:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
1 - 20 of 73 Posts