·
Registered
5,702 Posts
What a stupid question.

Reactions: ossie

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Even though Fed weathered the Karlovic storm in Halle, you can feel that in the second breaker some luck was on his side. When Karlovic is in Super Bot mode and is bombing aces on grass, TB's are inevitable. If Fed makes it to a TB it's not necessarily NID as Karlovic can do what he did against Tsonga today, and Fed can do what he did against Groth (One DF and it's over).

On the other hand Murray is a tough matchup for Fed. If he is retrieving and hitting the ball well, Fed may have one of those self-destructive days.

Also though Fed is in pretty good form at the moment, he still looks vulnerable in some rallies. We'll see how he does against RBA to make judgement of second week form.

So who would Fed rather face?
Fed wants a rematch against Murray on grass after the last Olympics! It's been a while.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Everyone complaining about Murray/Ivo comparision and missed this hidden gem.

We'll see how he does against RBA to make judgement of second week form.
Yeah ... Let's see how Fed's playing by judging his match against RBA of all people :lol: losing 2 sets to paire on grass :lol:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I believe he'd rather face Murray.

Reason: Federer would believe he can beat Murray and it's on his racket. Karlovic otoh takes it from a player which must be uncomfortable; a match with Karlo in botmode depends on him only, the opponent must hope for his (service) level to drop and if it doesn't the opponent is in trouble.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
its simple. if fed plays murray he will lose, if he plays karlovic he will win without breaking a sweat. trouble is he is probably going down against berdych.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
its simple. if fed plays murray he will lose, if he plays karlovic he will win without breaking a sweat. trouble is he is probably going down against berdych.
Well that will be on Berdych's racquet. Berdych is an enigma. There are times you watch him and can't believe this guy doesn't have at least a couple of slams to his name. But he is always dangerous. And capable of wrecking Federers dreams.

I think the outcome will be, he tires Federer to a degree that Murray will have an easier time beating him in the semi...

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Well that will be on Berdych's racquet. Berdych is an enigma. There are times you watch him and can't believe this guy doesn't have at least a couple of slams to his name. But he is always dangerous. And capable of wrecking Federers dreams.

I think the outcome will be, he tires Federer to a degree that Murray will have an easier time beating him in the semi...
The last time Federer lost the next match after beating Berdych was in 2008. He's beaten him seven times since then, two of those in a final. I still have no idea why you expect anyone to be tired after playing Berdych. He's not an attrition player.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts

I think the outcome will be, he tired Federer to a degree that Murray will have an easier time beating him in the semi...
It's on Berdych's racket against Federer? Sometimes even MTF is nonsensical. :rolleyes:

If Federer does indeed meet Berd (although not a guarantee for either player to progress) - It will be more to do with if Federer's baselining and serving are up to a high enough standard to progress. On the recent form of both players, it's true it might be a tight match. However, I'm expecting Federer to improve substantially in the second week.

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
Bring on Pushray. :yeah:

If he can;t even beat Andy, then he may as well toss Andy to the lion and get his 493rd pweddy widdle shiny pwate.

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
Like it or not, Murray was a shadow of his usual self last year. 2014 results mean nothing really in determining how a match would go here. I'd expect Murray to have too much over 5 sets.
Other than serve, consistency, and stamina, Andy is just as bad as he was in 2014. No way he will reach his peak again (2010-2013). As usual, a hypothetical SF would be on Federer's racquet, just like it is against any other player with few exceptions.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Other than serve, consistency, and stamina, Andy is just as bad as he was in 2014. No way he will reach his peak again (2010-2013). As usual, a hypothetical SF would be on Federer's racquet, just like it is against any other player with few exceptions.
I agree it will be on Fed's racket, and he will lose it spraying too many UE :wavey:

·
Banned
182 Posts
No he isn't going down against Berdych. Seriously why do people think Berdych will beat Federer? Federer has defeated Berdych pretty easily the both times they have played this year. Berdych is more consistent this year but against the top players, he is worse than ever. Federer will beat him quite comfortably should they meet in the QF.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts