Votes: 61 77.2%
  • Grassray

Votes: 18 22.8%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though Fed weathered the Karlovic storm in Halle, you can feel that in the second breaker some luck was on his side. When Karlovic is in Super Bot mode and is bombing aces on grass, TB's are inevitable. If Fed makes it to a TB it's not necessarily NID as Karlovic can do what he did against Tsonga today, and Fed can do what he did against Groth (One DF and it's over).

On the other hand Murray is a tough matchup for Fed. If he is retrieving and hitting the ball well, Fed may have one of those self-destructive days.

Also though Fed is in pretty good form at the moment, he still looks vulnerable in some rallies. We'll see how he does against RBA to make judgement of second week form.

So who would Fed rather face?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
If he is smart the answer would be Murray, so he can enter the final against (probably) Djokovic with some rythm in his rally game.

If he is not good enought to beat Murray, he wont beat Djokovic anyways.

Reactions: Jaz

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
If he is smart the answer would be Murray, so he can enter the final against (probably) Djokovic with some rythm in his rally game.

He will be lucky to Beat Berdych. You people think that because Federer looks good out there nobody can take him. Boy you're in for a shock. The mugs they've put in front of him in the first three rounds haven't got a tactical clue between them.

He would beat Karlovic. Because he loves awkward servebots. Murray will run him ragged on the court. MAKE HIM EARN most of his points. And Federer hates that. That's why prime Nadal owned him because he would frustrate him. And once Federer is frustrated the mistakes start coming.

He won't beat this Murray because Djokovic is not BEATING THIS MURRAY.

Few of you are any good on here at understanding fate and timing. It's Murrays time to take SLAM NUMBER 3. HE is winning 4--6 in his career. And yup it's number 3 time. He will beat Federer and Djokovic/Wawrinka. Because I'm not even sure Djokovic can beat Wawrinka. Brititain will be buzzing again. And Kim will be serving Andy in the bedroom.

Just watch the phases predictions come to pass over the next week.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts

Correct. If he beats Murray he will probably beat Djokovic.

As for Karlovic, really is lady luck.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I agree... Karlovic is easier to get past than Murray but Roger would go into the final with much worse chances, the "Bot King" is not really good practice for anything other than more bots.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I agree... Karlovic is easier to get past than Murray but Roger would go into the final with much worse chances, the "Bot King" is not really good practice for anything other than more bots.
Agree, and Federer has also already played a fairly robotic Sam Groth. I don't think he needs more practice with bot servers, probably good baseliners!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Any player would rather face Ivo over Murray, it's a no brainer. The notion of Fed needing Murray as practice to face Djokovic seems silly. The primary concern for Fed at this stage is process with minimal depletion of reserves. Coming through a tough match against Murray does not serve him well for the final

Not forgetting, of course, the very real possibility that either a hho Stan or Kyrgios takes Djokovic out.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Any player would rather face Ivo over Murray, it's a no brainer. The notion of Fed needing Murray as practice to face Djokovic seems silly. The primary concern for Fed at this stage is process with minimal depletion of reserves. Coming through a tough match against Murray does not serve him well for the final

Not forgetting, of course, the very real possibility that either a hho Stan or Kyrgios takes Djokovic out.
Federer ain't beating Murray. His concerns would be about losing the match.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
phase3's meltdown if somehow Roger is able to win Wimbledon will be fantastic.
Well tbh, his meltdown has already been pretty incredible, not sure how much more there is left to melt.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is this a serious question? Of course Karlovic as he knows how to handle his serves pretty well and he already played with players who play similar to ivo ( Groth and Querry) Murray on the other hand is one of the favorites to win the tournament, if not the favorite. With the crowd behind him it's going to be difficult for roger to beat him. Let's not forget that roger has to face Berdych first which I am sure isn't going to be easy at all.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Federer ain't beating Murray. His concerns would be about losing the match.
It's a whole "superior talent and grasscourter" vs "younger, fitter, hungrier player" question. I am pretty sure Fed will give himself chances should that match come off....actually, I slightly favour him.

Would be happy if either won here.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts