Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
James McGee - Dubai 2015. Reason was one of the directors of the tournament was an Irish :rolleyes:
Marco Djokovic - Dubai, Belgrade... this one was pretty obvious. Big brother included.

Anything else ?

Oops i forgot Jonathan Morgan. He got a wc to challanger qualies only because he was hanging around courts..

·
Registered
8,488 Posts
James McGee - Dubai 2015. Reason was one of the directors of the tournament was an Irish :rolleyes:
Marco Djokovic - Dubai, Belgrade... this one was pretty obvious. Big brother included.

Anything else ?

Oops i forgot Jonathan Morgan. He got a wc to challanger qualies only because he was hanging around courts..
:haha: :spit:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chung situtation is funny, He received unique WC, french organizators didnt follow their rules for him and he wasted it like there is no tomorrow :D

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Anything else ?

Johnny Groove exposed :help:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Chung situtation is funny, He received unique WC, french organizators didnt follow their rules for him and he wasted it like there is no tomorrow :D
Pretty sure he was just insanely gassed. dude has to stop playing challengers.

·
MONSOON season.
81,978 Posts
The Korean federation pleaded for this WC :tape:

Even if there are many reasons to explain why Chung couldn't perform, it still sets a bad precedent for the FFT.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
Can someone explain why Chung needed a WC in the first place? He's been ranked in the Top 100 for four weeks now. It will be five weeks when RG begins.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Can someone explain why Chung needed a WC in the first place? He's been ranked in the Top 100 for four weeks now. It will be five weeks when RG begins.
He didn't make it high enough before the cutoff (he ended up like #5 or #6 on the alternate list), and he/his team missed the entry deadline for quallies. Thus the request for a qually WC.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
This week the WC to Hsieh/Wang in Nice was pretty bad too. Unexplainable and they won 2 games against Maytin/Molteni...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Pretty sure he was just insanely gassed. dude has to stop playing challengers.
And hard court tournaments 9000 km/5500 miles away from Roland Garros the week before French Open qualifying.

Notwithstanding his blowout loss to Jared Donaldson, Chung, like Kokkinakis, deserved a wild-card into the main draw at the French Open IMO.

·
MONSOON season.
81,978 Posts
Really people, this harsh reaction to his WC is too much, he really did deserve it, and it was only qualys for goodness sakes.
I think it was a deserved WC, even though he was idiotic to not sign up. I am just saying that this performance does not make it likely that the FFT will do something similar soon.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
And hard court tournaments 9000 km/5500 miles away from Roland Garros the week before French Open qualifying.

Notwithstanding his blowout loss to Jared Donaldson, Chung, like Kokkinakis, deserved a wild-card into the main draw at the French Open IMO.
If you were doing an open merit selection for the wildcards as Wimbledon does, it would have been the Kokk's on the face of it on the basis of qualifying for Madrid and winning Bordeaux, with the other possible contender being Zverev as winner of Heilbronn and also now in the top 100.

Chung by contrast hasn't played on red clay at all at the professional level until now. Notwithstanding his ranking, hadn't really made a case for a md wildcard in my view.

That said, in reality Kokk got his as the best Australian, courtesy of deals amongst the slam cartel oligopolists. It is a mere happy coincidence that his ranking increased such that he would have been in md had the cutoff date been a few weeks later anyway....

·
Rankings Master
15,872 Posts
Copil for Madrid every year.

Only reason is that he's Romanian, and tournament owner is Tiriac. But Copil on clay... :drink:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Gregoire Burquier wild card in Kuala Lumpur last year was odd. Especially given Ward and Petzchner came through qualies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts