Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hear all the time about "Robredo is proof that this is the weak era" and lots of bla bla bla. I wonder who were the worst top ten players you watched, the least accomplished and etc.

For example I would name Nicolas Lapentti of Ecuador.

career high #6

5 titles
titles over:

miguel tobon - clay
vincent spadea - clay
lleyton hewitt - carpet
albert costa - clay
fernando vincente - clay

·
29,645 Posts
Massu or Boredo.

Boredo has dropped down, because his game can only take him so far- retrieving doesn't work against guys who are having a good aggressive day.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I still can't believe how Srichaphan made it to the Top 10, even though I was not his hater

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ljubo

·
29,883 Posts
Massu or Boredo.

Boredo has dropped down, because his game can only take him so far- retrieving doesn't work against guys who are having a good aggressive day.
Prtetty sure you didnt understand thsi thread. How can a player with a Masters shield or an Olympic gold be the least accomplished top 10 players?

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Verkerk.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
all those guys have deserved achievements to be top 10, IMO

·
29,883 Posts
Aaron Krickstein was kinda weak
MaliVai Washington just missed the top 10..career high of 11, but he wasnt too great either.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Blake is definitely in there

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Massu by a country mile. Watching him is like attending a lecture where they cut and paste textbook material onto the slides.

Reactions: ReturnWinner

·
29,645 Posts
Would you put Blake in the group as well then? Because his results in slams aren't as good as Robredo's (Robredo has four QFs and eight 4th rounds in slams; James has three QFs and four 4th rounds), nor has he won an AMS.
Blake has beaten more top guys (Nadal x3, Davydenko, Roddick). Could Boredo ever beat Nadal or Roddick? Don't think so.

Boredo winning the MM Hamburg AMS with no top players, how Blake would kill for Cincinnati/IW/Miami to be full of mugs as well.

Blake isn't a great top ten player but he's not among the worst.

·
Banned
74 Posts
i dont think so. Ljubicic made it to a GS SF, QF along with winning 7 titles and 9 finals and Davis Cup during his 2 year run in the top 10, he had a 1/1 win/lose ratio vs Top 10 players during that time
and he was hard to beat indoors.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
im gonna say radek stepanek, i never saw him as a top 10 player and still dont even though he reached #8

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
im gonna say radek stepanek, i never saw him as a top 10 player and still dont even though he reached #8
In my book Stepanek has oodles more talent than that other Czech player. I know Stepanek annoys a lot of people but he has so much variety in his game and is strong in almost every department. Strong serve, excellent return of serve, crisp volleys, accurate passing shots, good lobs, fine drop shots, varied and dependable groundstrokes. The other Czech has a big serve and big forehand and not much more.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Rainer Schuettler
Mariano Puerta
Jiri Novak
Paradorn Srichaphan
Joachim Johansson
Nicolas Lapentti
Radek Stepanek (couldn't find a top ten with less titles)

By the way, I just realized that Sjeng Schalken was never top 10... live and learn :S

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
In my book Stepanek has oodles more talent than that other Czech player. I know Stepanek annoys a lot of people but he has so much variety in his game and is strong in almost every department. Strong serve, excellent return of serve, crisp volleys, accurate passing shots, good lobs, fine drop shots, varied and dependable groundstrokes. The other Czech has a big serve and big forehand and not much more.
to me he does most things well or ok but nothing great. i also thing he comes to net on junk alot of the time. i think hes a solid top 30 player but #8 seems highly over ranked to me. hes only ever won 2 titles in his career and hes 29. his slam results also leave a lot to be desired.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts