Mens Tennis Forums banner

Worst pusher ever?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the worst pusher who ever stepped on the tennis court, while being in the top 10 on the list?

Is it Simon, who I consider the worst pusher I have ever seen, who even made Murray look like Sampras at times?

Is it Mugray, a disgusting pusher whose rise on the grass is one of the biggest paradoxes in tennis?

Is it Ferrer, who might be the most weaponless player ever to be in the top 10?

Is it baby Rafa, who's ultra-defensive play in his early years was really painful to watch at times? Painful, unless you are a fangirl who enjoyed his thick butt, sweaty biceps and long, wild hair.

or is it somebody else?

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Mecir says hi
From current players it has to be Murray. His performance against vs Verdasco was :stupid: At times I couldn't see the guy, just a small part of his semi-bald head :lol:
Also, Dimugtrov has a potential to be the one.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have listed Murray in the 'worst pusher ever' category despite winning two slams.

If he does 'push', he fuckin good at it.
If I was wrong, nobody wouldn't vote for him, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

As the matter of fact, something tells me Murray is going to win this poll (or end as close 2nd at worst). I think you know this too, which is why you want this poll to be closed :lol:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
No doubt murray. :haha: even worst on clay

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
If I was wrong, nobody wouldn't vote for him, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

As the matter of fact, something tells me Murray is going to win this poll (or end as close 2nd at worst). I think you know this too, which is why you want this poll to be closed :lol:
You're a strange sort of adult.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Certainly Simon. Little top spin. His returns are very attackable.
Mugray comes second. He can redirect ball early and slice well, making his pushing less ridiculous.

Ferrer is fast and effective. If he has the luck and serve of Murray he should win a slam at least.

Nadal and Djokovic are great pushers. Monstrous topspin for the former and the best movement( by his flexiblity?) + effective topspin for the latter who sometimes also redirects balls early.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Oh look, another anti-defensive players thread, original stuff.

If by 'worst pusher' you mean least good defense, then the answer is Simon from your options.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Murray. Simon's limited abilities, don't give him other options, than pushing, while Murray is a pusher by choice.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
For me pushing is fine. Just don't push the balls ridiculously with little topspin, making yourself very vulnerable to the powerful groundstrokes of other top 10 players.
Obviously Mugray and Simon are so bad that they play like babies feeding balls to their opponents when facing Federer, Wawrinka, Del Potro, etc.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Murray. Simon's limited abilities, don't give him other options, than pushing, while Murray is a pusher by choice.
Murray has limited abilities when comparing with Federer, Nadal, Djokvoic. , Wawrinka, Del Potro, etc.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts

So if a lot of people on a forum say something about the game it's true? Good to know.

If Murray were such a pusher, then everyone who has lost to him multiple times (and Federer who has a losing record even) must be 100% incompetent.

Threads about pushing etc are almost entirely popularity contests which have nothing to do with "truth"

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
So if a lot of people on a forum say something about the game it's true? Good to know.

If Murray were such a pusher, then everyone who has lost to him multiple times (and Federer who has a losing record even) must be 100% incompetent.

Threads about pushing etc are almost entirely popularity contests which have nothing to do with "truth"
Federer did not lose to Murray when it counts: 2-0 in grand slam finals

1 - 20 of 60 Posts