Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Paris 3rd Rnd Nalbandian def. Federer 6-4, 7-6

Votes: 1 1.4%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which match in 2007 have you seen Roger being the most hopeless:help: There hasn't been many, but for sure you can pick one;)

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Either Canas in IW or Volandri in Rome. Probably Volandri because he'd never lost to him before and Volandri is a total mug. At least Canas had beaten Fed before in 2003 and is known as a human backboard.

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't put the TMC loss to Gonzo as it wasn't among Fed's worst matches of the year, he didn't play that badly I think;) His Cincy match against Baghdatis, however, no comment:eek:

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW sorry I wrote Canas def. Federer in the Monte Carlo final, but it was Nadal:eek: my bad;)... Can a mod edit that error please??

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
VOLANDRI match
it was awful

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I see many people voted for the match against Volandri, but I wouldn't want to count that one as a serious loss - IMHO, he was completely ABSENT that day, his mind was absolutely somewhere else (he was just about to split/or just had split with Roche, wasn't it?), so I consider that loss as an incidental hiccup.

The RG-final, though... that really was an UGH! match. His body language telling throughout the match that he felt beaten right from the start, lackluster performance all over...

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
It's between the Baghdatis 3rd round victory at cincy and his victory over Davydenko during round robin. Both guys were playing quite atrociously, errors left and right and by no means by a small margin. They were missing by yards not even feet. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
In terms of quality of play, I'd have to say that his win over Davydenko in the TMC is right near the top. I don't think I've seen him play worse, yet win so comfortably.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
In terms of quality of play, I'd have to say that his win over Davydenko in the TMC is right near the top. I don't think I've seen him play worse, yet win so comfortably.
No kidding!!!!!!!! His tennis teachers must have been dying of a heart attack if they watched this match. He was missing shots that not even an amateur would miss. His form was absolutely pathetic, they do say that pathetic form from an opponent may actually drag you with it, Davydenko may have contributed too.

Yet it was all in Federer's hand. So for sure this was his poorest match quality wise.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I voted for his match against Volandri, just because he was totally absent that day, he wasn't even in Rome, never mind on court.

Afterwards it's MC vs Nadal, you blinked and it was over.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't count the Volandri match either ... an abberation due to circumstances off court. Perhaps my vote was personal more than anything else ... the FO final and those 10 1st set b/p that went begging just about broke my heart that day.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I pick my own match.
Fed-Bagy in Cincy this year. Although Fed was the winner 7-6 7-5, it was kind of the match makes you want to throw up. Lack of motivation and both of the players made so many UEs.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Miami 4th Rnd Canas def. Federer 7-6, 2-6, 7-6
Monte Carlo Final Nadal def. Federer 6-4, 6-4
Roland Garros Final Nadal def. Federer 6-3, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
Montreal Final Djokovic def. Federer 7-6, 2-6, 7-6
Madrid Final Nalbandian def. Federer 1-6, 6-3, 6-3
Paris 3rd Rnd Nalbandian def. Federer 6-4, 7-6

I'm not here to judge but it's my opinion that anyone picking these matches either hasn't seen all the matches or has made a silly choice.

Canas in Miami was a top 15 player playing at a VERY good level and Federer played okay. No he wasn't at his best but I'd say that match was average at worst and not even comprable with his bad performances.

Nadal at MC and RG, both times beaten by a better player. Nadal played great at MC. At RG I thought Federer was pretty good, not good enough of course but an above average performance.

Djoko's win over Federer was Djoko, a top 5 player for sure, at his very best squeaking out 7-6 in the third. That was not terrible from Roger, it wasn't good but seriously a decent performance.

Neither Nalbandian matches saw Federer playing amazing but Paris he was okay and Madrid I thought he played a good match.

None of those options are really legitimate for me.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I pick my own match.
Fed-Bagy in Cincy this year. Although Fed was the winner 7-6 7-5, it was kind of the match makes you want to throw up. Lack of motivation and both of the players made so many UEs.
:secret: That's an option.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Actually I did see the FO final and while it may not have been Roger's worst match (clearly it wasn't if you compare it to the Volandri one), my verdict was purely personal on how I felt about it on the day. It was seeing those 17 b/ps go begging - no matter how well Nadal fought them off. My personal opinion and I'm sticking to it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts