Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name some names... Who in your opinion have been the easiest seeded players to be drawn against or the players with the least career resume to back it up...?

I'll put forward, from recent years - Vliegen, Starace and the mighty man who inspired this thread, Bogo the Second.

Anyone think of some other great/obviously not so great ones?

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Rainer S. who was seeded at four straight GS events after making Wimbledon SF in 2008. US Open 2008, AO 2009, RG 2009, Wimbledon 2009. Went 1-4 and fell to #82 from #29 after losing R2 Wimbledon in 2009. Was out of the top 100 for good less than two years later and was never top 50 again.

Vliegen had his moments, I don't understand why people mock him or underrate him, but he had a few years of consistent top 30-40 tennis. Starace is a definite candidate, though, as is Bogomolov.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a reason all those names were seeded at the time.
I know that, that's not the point. It's for people to name seeded players who they believe the unseeded players would most want to face/would believe they had the most chance against. The ones with the least aura/that are seen as the least threat. :)

·
Registered
59,362 Posts
Schuttler was a very legit seeded player for years but yeah in 08 he was seeded off one run.

Petzschner and Hanescu would be mentioned had they not both challenged top players, I think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts