Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it's john Lloyd he is so dreadful it makes me weep whenever I hear he's doing a match. :mad:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Well I can nominate Gimelstob and Habert, but nothing is gonna beat the one and only Andrew "There Are 4 Grand Slams in a Year" Castle.
Gimelstob and Haber are definitely vying for the top spot (along with Mary Carillo), but the WOAT has to be Dick Enberg. I've heard that Andrew Castle is terrible, but I've never actually heard him myself, so I can't fairly compare him with the others.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Gimmelstob. He doesn't commentate; he just strings random words together.

"Nadal's efficiency at perpetrating the symbology of tennis is demonstrative of his tenacity and frugality."

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Andrew Castle haters bedarned....they guy is a living ledge. :) "OOOoof, he was off after that like a robber's dog!".

My hall of shame:

Petch: "OH. MY. GOODNESS". "Ahhhnndee, when he plays like this, is just a class apart from every other player out there!". *insert any other wayyyy OTT Murray masturbation*.

The bleary-eyed, hung-over, know-it-all cynic, Flemming: "I'LLLLLL saayyy!!". Shudder.

Chandlers Dad from Friends, the drag queen Carillo.

Jason 'Cantankerous-Old-Bitch' Goodall. (Robbie is his sometimes-ledge counterpart: "Gett ouuuta heeya!").

Brad 'I'm-Down-With-The-Kids' (old bastard of an uncle everyone tries to avoid) Gilbert.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I don't know the name, but the guy on Sky who said that Murray was impressive because he came off a tricky match, Almagro being injured. You read that correctly.

One that only French people will know here, Jean-René Godard, is a freaking legend.
His most memorable quote: "Waow! That ball was almost let!"

Henri Leconte is also freaking unbearable. His laugh is silly as hell, and he over-reacts on pretty much any decent point.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I don't know the name, but the guy on Sky who said that Murray was impressive because he came off a tricky match, Almagro being injured. You read that correctly.

One that only French people will know here, Jean-René Godard, is a freaking legend.
His most memorable quote: "Waow! That ball was almost let!"
:eek: Is he parent of Jean Luc Godard?

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
The worst commentators can generally be found via online streaming, not sure if it's just bookies feeds or it's tennistv too, but there are some absolutely terrible commentators, with a few rare exceptions. Only full-time gamblers or die hard tennis nerds would know my pain.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Gimelstob.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Gimmelstob. He doesn't commentate; he just strings random words together.

"Nadal's efficiency at perpetrating the symbology of tennis is demonstrative of his tenacity and frugality."
I actually kinda like Gimelslob in the booth but that sentence does sound like him. :lol:

Can't remember his name but the backup play-by-by guy for Tennis Channel (not Haber) has been making me want to slit my wrists recently. Fowler and Pat McEnroe will never be topped for me when it comes to causing aggravation but they're thankfully only around for Slams and American Masters for US viewers.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Some shitty Spanish commentator was implying Nishikori was cheating and then at 2-0 in the third he was saying it was unsportsmanlike to keep playing. Pathetic piece of shit.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts