Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other ATP PLAYER

Votes: 31 12.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
It will be better if we can seperate one hand and two hands backhand.

For one hand bh, it's Guga and Tommy Haas. For two hands, I agree Marat is the best.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Uhh..Sjeng? :)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
No 'uhh...' about it, the Sjengster undoubtedly has the finest single-hander in the game today. Guga and Haas' backhands may well be hit harder, but they're less compact and flat than Schalken's and they're not as consistent as his one-hander.

For double-hander, it's a toss-up between Agassi and Safin, but again it's a hard choice - for sheer pace I'd go for Safin, for crispness of shot I'd go for Agassi. Yeah, AA just has it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It's a tough call between Guga and Marat, but I chose Guga...

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
It's certainly distinctive, is Gasquet's backhand... I know that flair is an essential prerequisite for all French players, but the elegant topspin whip he gets on both his forehand and backhand is a sight to see. It makes for beautiful-looking tennis, but at the same time I doubt whether it could be adapted well to surfaces outside clay - on grass, those long takebacks are a liability.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Marat's backhand! :bounce:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I vote for Tommy Haas. But the backhand techniques are so different that it's hard to tell which one is better. Single hand or both hands, they are different style and they have different strategy.
In my opinion Costa's backhand is quite good and stable. He's got good sense on his backhand.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you think Henin has a beautiful backhand...you should see Richard Gasquet's....he's only 16 yrs old.... already in top 150... and I am confident he'll be in top 10 in 3 yrs maximum...and he'll stay there for years to come...barring injuries ofcourse....
Probably the most promising french player since Grosjean...

Talking about the french...they've got some really good players ...

Grosjean....Clement....Santoro...Escude....Matthieu...and ofcourse Gasquet

1 - 20 of 119 Posts