Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Really Was The Most Impressive Sportsman 2007?

• Roger Federer (Tennis)

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Tiger Woods (Golf)

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Ramond Van Barneveld (Darts)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Peyton Manning (NFL)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Lewis Hamilton ( Formula 1)

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Lionel Messi (Soccer)

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Casey Stoner (Moto GP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kobe Bryant (NBA)

• Alberto Contador (Cycling )

• Ronnie O Sullivan (Snooker)

Votes: 2 4.3%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you might know their is UK sports personality event on sunday, Andy Murray has a chance but will end up losing it especially if Ricky Hatton defeats Mayweather on Saturday.

Ive looked at the stats in all sports in terms of dominance and i really believe if their was a world sports personality of the year then Roger Federer would have a real shout for this year 0/7. But the word dominance varies in different fields of sports and thus this type of award can win on merits such as charisma, influence and talent.

Has won back to back aussie, wimbledon and us open titles, remained number 1 all year and was a finalist at the french open.

I have compiled a list, should be interesting to see if Roger wins it.

Wanted to add stars from Boxing and cricket but had no room.

NBA & NFL included stars from previous calander year because current on-going.

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kaka has been awesome but messi's breakthrough has been amazing.

Lewis Hamilton was the top dog throughout the forumula 1 season, kimi pipped him at the last.

In terms of talent, style and charisma lewis has to be the pick.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well if you enjoy it, why are you asking what it is?

I would go for Federer, but still feel sad that the sheer athletic ability of Van Barneveld will probably go unrewarded. All together now, "One hun-dred and eeeeiiiiighty!!!!!"

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Well if you enjoy it, why are you asking what it is?
I wasn't the one who asked what it is. I simply answered the question dijus posed, because it was apparently presented as a general query.

dijus asked, "is it too hard sport for american?"

I replied that the sport is not too hard for American(s). I then gave another small piece of personal commentary in regard to the topic.

That's all.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I wasn't the one who asked what it is. I simply answered the question dijus posed, because it was apparently presented as a general query.

dijus asked, "is it too hard sport for american?"

I replied that the sport is not too hard for American(s). I then gave another small piece of personal commentary in regard to the topic.

That's all.
Oh, so you weren't.... was I guilty of the ultimate jingoism just then, and because you both had US flags next to your name I thought you were the same poster? Apologies. :silly:

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
How dare you put O'Sullivan before John Higgins :(

In terms of talent, style and charisma lewis has to be the pick.
Cant agree with that either, he comes across as a bit full of himself and believing in his own hype that he is the messiah of F1 towards the end of the season .... that is what happens to fast rising English sportsmen - they read and listen too much into what the british media says about them & start believing it...

just had to listen to Steve Bunce on Inside Sport waxing lyrical about him and how 'tennis doesnt have a lewis Hamilton' ...f'in muppet English thug lookalike idiot that Bunce, who should stick to boxing .. typical english media guy - if a sport doesnt have a top Englishman in it - its a crap sport to the rest of the world

:lol: they make me laugh, narcissistic dimwits.

fact is he won the lucky dip by being Ron Dennis' baby & they both bottled it where it matters and most of Europe loved it, they didnt want to see him win the title.

as for the BBC award, no one talks about Harrington - altho i believe Ricky Hatton will be the star of the year (and century) if he wins on Sat.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
I gave my vote to Barnevald btw, coz Darts is awesome.

and there is alot more skill than just having a good pint/whisky lifting arm ala the Smith & Jones sketch ;) :lol::lol:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Fensler, don't take it personally, it was rather about joking mate ;)
but I was a bit disgusted when some poster from USA asked what snooker is
best regards
Why disgusted?

Snooker is not a very popular sport in USA. Poll is. They are both Cue sport but played differently. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts