Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized Wimbledon will overlap with World Cup football this year. :awww: since the English are bat crazy about football, is the attendance going to be hurt at Wimbledon this year? I for one am willing to skip watching Wimbledon for a World Cup that is held in Brasil...anybody gonna watch Wimbledon this year???

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
No option for both? Football games are 2 hours, and they'll have 2-3 each day, mostly after Wimbledon ends. I'm gonna watch both

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I personally think the crowd at Wimbledon will be half-empty....I mean NO SANE ENGLISH person will miss watching the World Cup over a grand slam event that happens 4 times a year....especially when English have one of the strongest teams they ever had, and are a championship contender.

ESPECIALLY when the World Cup is in Brasil this year...Brasilian World Cup is a once in a lifetime event :rocker:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My 2 favorite sport, I'll watch them both. Lets go Argentina

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No option for both? Football games are 2 hours, and they'll have 2-3 each day, mostly after Wimbledon ends. I'm gonna watch both
I omitted the option for both because EVERYONE is gonna vote for both....my question is, if you had an option of watching one event, like a marquee QF matchup or a World Cup game, which would you watch

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I personally think the crowd at Wimbledon will be half-empty....I mean NO SANE ENGLISH person will miss watching the World Cup over a grand slam event that happens 4 times a year....especially when English have one of the strongest teams they ever had, and are a championship contender.

ESPECIALLY when the World Cup is in Brasil this year...Brasilian World Cup is a once in a lifetime event :rocker:
:haha:

not mocking the Brits, but this is a ludicrous statement :lol:

And just for you to know - Uruguay - Costa Rica, Japan - Greece, Honduras - Ecuador, etc., etc. won't keep the Brits glued to their TVs, even with the prospect of an Isner - Karlovic match at Wimby

·
Your visions will happen
47,112 Posts
2006 was awesome, when the World Cup final and the Wimbledon final was on the same day. I had to skip work for that one.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
No, unfortunately the Queue will still be as long as ever. Anyway, with the time difference, there may not be that much overlap between the two events.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Both! I remember one year Goran's asked for his matches during Wimbledon not to be scheduled when Croatia plays.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Joke thread. GOAT sport vs a bunch of actors flopping around for a 0-0 tie. Hmmmmm.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts