Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Leena said:
And WOOT is totally finished this time.

It's sad, because I kinda enjoyed it
i waiting for you to come and say "gotcha" but i'm afraid that's not gonna happen. i don't see why people are mean to leena. she's always been nice to me, so i guess some people are just ass-faces. that's the only thing i can come up with.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I can understand why some people don't like Leena. I can't understand why some of those people are obsessed with her :shrug: Nor can I understand why anybody would want to gloat that her game isn't going to be run anymore, when the people who enjoyed it are "hurt" (relatively speaking) by that as much as she is.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
She wants power..they dont wanna give it to her...She makes all WOOT gamers pay because she cant get power. Self Centered person. she needs to feel important and have power t MTF..if that does not happen. she takes down Woot for no reason..

i might be on the bullseye...i might be way off.... but im getting close..as more PM keep coming in. :eek:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
My personal feelings for Leena are irrelevant.

I enjoyed the playing the game and I am disappointed that it's not around at the moment.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I really enjoyed WOOT. It was a nice distraction from my online CFP class. I had a blast writing articles and reading a lot of other people's articles. It was also fun to try and figure out what strategy to use in a particular match and adapt to the different surfaces.

I didn't realize that people were obessed with Leena, are you sure about that? I've posted this before and I still haven't gotten a decent answer as to why she and Adam were banned.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Max, read the Bugs forum and it's all there.

·
Banned
4,762 Posts
i've read my way through the bugs forum...i'm still none the wiser i don't really get what is going on :confused:

i'm gutted if WOOT is over. i thought it was a great game and made even better by some people that did make an effort. props to leena on a great game and all the hard work she did, and thanks to chloe, jackieglover, maxpowers and a few others, i cant remember all their mtf names but whoever was enqvist, rios etc you know who you are. it was spoiled by several people joining the game then not actually doing anything.

Rafael Nadal issued the following statement :

"I am very disappointed to hear the news that the WOOT tour will no longer be going on. I was fully enjoying my time on the tour, and felt I was building up some decent form. I was looking forward to competing at the many big events which were coming up, and will look back with regret that I made so many enemies during my career. Apologies to Tim Henman and Todd Martin. A message for Adam Chadaj, I still love you and nothing will tear us apart. As for me, I am not sure what to do with myself now, I had not planned for this and it has knocked me right out my stride. I guess I'll meet up for some drinks with Adam later and we can discuss the future. Hopefully we will see the return of WOOT at some point, which would be fantastic. Lastly I'd like to thank Leena for all the effort she put into WOOT, many of us WOOT players appreciated it. Thank you, and goodnight."

·
Registered
115 Posts
Leena, you did a great job running this game. thanks for all of your hard work.

it's a shame that it's evidently impossible to keep this game running through other people. but i suppose if no one else is allowed to run this game, that doesn't leave much room for keeping WOOT around. such a shame for players who really enjoyed this game.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I also took the time to read through the bugs forum as much as possible and still don't fully understand what happened. If I understand this correctly then their accounts have not been banned, but an administrator has banned their ip address and is trying to prevent them from connecting to the forum by other means. I'm also guessing that Leena got into an argument with some people and that is why one admistrator has tried to shut her down. That's what I took from skimming the bugs forum (which had tons of pointless posts).

I'd also like to thank Leena for taking the time run the event on schedule and do such a good job with the draws, matches, etc as well as answering so many people's questions. It was a lot of thankless work and I appreciate it. Finally, I'm grateful to all the other WOOT competitors that tried, which is what made the game great. Regardless of whether you won or lost a lot people kept trying to get better. In particular I'm really happy that I got into the "argument" with adeegee and had dueling press conferences for our respective players. That was really cool.

I had the misfortune of being the one to inform Todd Martin that the WOOT tour has been cancelled and here is his reaction.

"I enjoyed my time on the WOOT tour immensely. I've come so far since my qualifying round loss to James Blake, and was very happy that I made it to the finals of San Jose, and that I ended my career with a win that impressed everyone that saw it. I am happy that I mended any misunderstandings with Rafael Nadal and wish him the best of luck on the atp tour. I will be cheering for him at the NASDAQ this year. Leena did a truly great job running the tournament and I'm happy she went from calling my matches "crappy" to saying I was an elite player.

Todd Martin with his family emotionally waves goodbye to the WOOT tour and Martin's WOOT career

I will now go back to coaching Mardy Fish and will spend more time with my family. If WOOT ever returns please let me know and I will be glad to play. Thank you all for giving me this opportunity in the first place.

·
Banned
4,762 Posts
Maxpowers said:
In particular I'm really happy that I got into the "argument" with adeegee and had dueling press conferences for our respective players. That was really cool.
:boxing: oh those duels will go down in history. *sigh* the memories :tears: if only rafa had ended WOOT as number 1 in the world where he deserved to be

·
Registered
341 Posts
Leena said:
And WOOT is totally finished this time.

It's sad, because I kinda enjoyed it.

However:

Effort From Me for Other People is a fallable statement... and I need to remember that.
Ah, disappointing :sad: Rios was looking forward to pulling out a stunning five set victory over WOOT and ATP superstar Adam Chadaj to take the French Open crown :p

Thanks for running the game Princess Leelee (if that is your real name :p ) :)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts