Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is rating the tournament as what it was, a big success. (y)

“I do not approve of what happened on the Adria Tour, but condemning Djokovic and saying he screwed it up is too cheap for me,” Wolfgang commented.
“Of course the dance at the disco was not optimal, but Djokovic basically did nothing wrong. They just got a little sloppy, they were euphoric,” he continued.

Speaking about the outbreak of COVID-19 among players, Wolfgang has suggested that it is worth it if it meant raising money for charity.

“I prefer that there be a few more cases of coronavirus and be able to raise a few thousand euros for a childhood cancer clinic, he explained.

·
Administrator
9,591 Posts
I do not approve of what happened on the Adria Tour
Yep, I think that’s the quintessence. Whether Djokovic is at fault or not, is debatable, but I guess we can all agree that the Adria Tour wasn’t perfectly planned.

Djokovic has done something wrong by organising it and making this as ‘his’ philanthropic idea for whichever purpose, hence he’s vulnerable. However, I don’t think he’s the scapegoat for everything as there were much more persons and instances involved to let this event happen in the first place.

Unluckily for Djokovic, he is just the biggest name and for branding it as his idea, so he takes publicly all the blame.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
I wonder how many times the original quote was translated before it reached this questionable form of cheap demagoguery.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
So many people are defending Novak since he didn't do anything wrong. It's really nice to see. :)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The overreaction from the media, establishment and a bunch of no name, lower ranked players who are jealous of his success shows them all for what they really are. They latched onto this to criticize him because it was something they wanted to do for a long time, after he destroyed their golden boys and exposed the powers that be behind the scenes who were taking the sport in the wrong direction, with conflicts of interest galore. Pretty transparent and disgusting if you ask me the way they ganged up on him. Hopefully he uses it as motivation to wreak more havoc on the tennis court.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Always important to hear from a pro tennis player's parent :p

Silence is golden at times.

·
justice for all
17,473 Posts
I wonder how many times the original quote was translated before it reached this questionable form of cheap demagoguery.
Exactly.
I’m really fed up with this topic and think we should give it a rest already.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts