• No, just no. face-palm*

Votes: 26 34.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The matador is already back on the tennis courts plotting his comeback to the top 3 and more slams.

The US Open has traditionally been his worst slam and the hardcourt season his worst period of the year often skipping it entirely for various reasons over the years. However considering it is still 2-3 months away Rafa could hit the training courts and come back when no one is expecting him and take the US Open by storm.

What are your thoughts on his chances for a big hard court comeback and US Open title?

·
|
14,942 Posts
The last time Rafa lost before the Final of the US Open was 2009 (semi-final loss - via torn stomach muscle to Del Potro).
Rafa is currently on a 17 match winning streak in US summer, while Djokovic can't even beat Nishikori at the US Open.
Enough said.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
I'd like to see him take a WC to Washington DC but maybe he just needs a rest right now

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I don't know but I would say I think it's a wrong move if he doesn't stay on hard courts between now and the US Open.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
His chances are extremely low. On fast north American hard his chances are the same as on grass at this point. He could still get some decent results but Nadal is a different player to what he was 2 years ago.

In the position he's in though conditions aren't really going to matter. He's simply not at the same level as Novak, Roger and Andy.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i honestly think federer has a better chance of winning the french open next year than nadal has to win the us open this year.

in other words, it's not happening.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
The last time Rafa lost before the Final of the US Open was 2009 (semi-final loss - via torn stomach muscle to Del Potro).
Rafa is currently on a 17 match winning streak in US summer, while Djokovic can't even beat Nishikori at the US Open.
Enough said.
At USO Nishi can beat this Nadal blindfolded and this Federer with one eye opened, but Fedal doesn't have to worry about Nishi, Stanimal, Cilic and Djokovic this USO, and we all know why, no.

For those who maybe still don't know why, because it's Murray who'll make the finals from Fedal's half, and only one of Nishi, Stanimal, Cilic and Djokovic can meet him there.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Word apparently is that he is considering Bastad and Hamburg. No Washington

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
No, he's not winning anything big anymore. He is done.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
I think he's got a chance with Harrison->Dutra da Silva->Dodig->Kohlschreiber->Robredo->Gasquet kind of draw.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Nope not happening.

·
6,473 Posts
2013 is not going to happen again.
I recall after Djoker lost Wimbledon to Murray, and actually thinking at the back of my mind that Nadal would be watching and lurking, and the main danger at the USO.
That nightmare year is still very vivid, esp after that horrible RG Semi loss.
Good news is Rafa is never going to repeat that.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Nadal has 2 hopes at winning the US Open

Bob hope and no hope :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts