Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier in the week, it seemed clear that Novak was gonna overthrow Rafa on clay, dominate grass, a surface ideally suited for his game, and end in apotheosis at the USO. And now it seems that Novak could perhaps only win 1 or 2 GS this year
What do you think, guys ?

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Earlier in the week, it seemed clear that Novak was gonna overthrow Rafa on clay, dominate grass, a surface ideally suited for his game, and end in apotheosis at the USO. And now it seems that Novak could perhaps only win 1 or 2 GS this year
He will became the new president of the USA :)

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
His only other chance is the USO, but that means he will have to get by Andy Roddick on home soil ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
2 GS!:eek: Clearly his game is deteriorating and he will never be the same player he was in 2007/January 2008. Right now his main concern should be staying in the top ten, not winning slams.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
2 GS!:eek: Clearly his game is deteriorating and he will never be the same player he was in 2007/January 2008. Right now his main concern should be staying in the top ten, not winning slams.
But he want to be number 1 :awww:

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Completely agree with this, great post. With Ferrer breathing down his neck, only 2300 points behind, if Novak doesn't win a match between now and Rome, there's a good chance Nole might drop out of the top 3 :eek:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Too true. He clearly peaked at Montreal and his game has been crumbling since. TMC was the real eye opener for me. Like the old Roddick (his new form earns him my pick for the French Open title), he's already begun down the same one/two-slam stream that Safin and Hewitt are currently racing each other down.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
:spit:

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Nole is unstoppable. :devil: Why would he let a loss to a clearly washed up player like Roddick affect him?

·
Registered
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
i think his best chance this year is roland garros.

even if he doesnt win any grand slams 'just' some masters its still a good year

·
Registered
469 Posts
He lost one match! Of course he's not over! He'll be back. The loss may be a good thing for him in the longrun in the sense that it'll ground him a little bit. But bottom line is that he's as good as he was at the Australian

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
With that long thick skull, he can still do it

·
Registered
517 Posts
Making a prediction like "Djokovic will definitely win the Golden Slam this year" from so early on was already ridiculous.

Assuming "he won't be successful this year" or "he definitely won't win another Grand Slam" only because he lost a match is ridiculous.

This topic is ridiculous.

I'm new but I understood one thing very quickly: This forum is mostly ridiculous.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Making a prediction like "Djokovic will definitely win the Golden Slam this year" from so early on was already ridiculous.

Assuming "he won't be successful this year" or "he definitely won't win another Grand Slam" only because he lost a match is ridiculous.

This topic is ridiculous.

I'm new but I understood one thing very quickly: This forum is mostly ridiculous.
If you are in this forum long enough, you will also figure out how to differentiate between troll, sarcastic and genuine threads. ;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
He lost one match :rolleyes: Don't write him out of the top 20 just yet!! Equally, he won 1 slam, don't tip him to overthrow Federer either! Just chill ;)

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Perspective here people please. No golden slam but neither is he over and out.

Now do I get the prize for most pointless post of the evening?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts