Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And ofcourse Andre.

I love Federer...he's a given Finalist.

But Now that My Beloved Andy is out :sad: (btw, Andy did nothing Wrong, he just caught a Player on his BEST Day)

If James beat Andreev, and play Rafa under the lights, it will be a great encouter of James' better serve, Rafa's better strokes, both superior speed and defense, Rafa has better defense. But the winner of this encounter will probably be in the finals...barring Agassi's Feeling.

so

Top Half
Federer

Bottom Half
Blake/Rafa/Agassi

Those are my picks.(Now)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: With Andy Gone....All my attention Shifts to the Winner of the Blake/Nadal Encounter.

Actually, Robbi Could be a SemiFinalist if he keep his head about him

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Re: With Andy Gone....All my attention Shifts to the Winner of the Blake/Nadal Encounter.

Blake is clearly on a high.
T.Johansson could take advantage of this as well, I don't think that Ginepri is good enough. Gasquet don't have the stamina.

Nadal and Agassi are the 2 big favorites now.

I'd love to see Coria in final.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts

With Roddick out, you should have learned not to make premature assumptions about 3rd round encounters.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

The only man that can stop Nadal from the final is James Blake. With Roddick gone, this tournament is now on a Rogi-Nadal collision course.

p.s. Agassi sucks, he's got no chance. In Montreal he was thumped and looked like an old man.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts

uNIVERSE mAN said:
p.s. Agassi sucks, he's got no chance. In Montreal he was thumped and looked like an old man.
Three sets a thumping? It's not like Agassi got bageled or breadsticked in straights by this kid.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

sigmagirl91 said:
Three sets a thumping? It's not like Agassi got bageled or breadsticked in straights by this kid.
You ever see one of those Roddick matches where he wins a three-setter and all along you know that the result was never in doubt, yeah that's exactly how the match with Nadal was. "Agassi won the second set? whatever. This match was history before it started"

Agassi can't hang with Nadal from the baseline, there's not even an argument there. And 3 of 5 sets haha! Time for pain.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

uNIVERSE mAN said:
Watch Match were you watching in Montreal? Maybe that was a tournament I missed, or a practice match you're speading about.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Purple Rainbow said:
With Roddick out, you should have learned not to make premature assumptions about 3rd round encounters.
yes, i made an assumption...which is my opinion. Everyone does it...where's the crime?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

uNIVERSE mAN said:
You ever see one of those Roddick matches where he wins a three-setter and all along you know that the result was never in doubt, yeah that's exactly how the match with Nadal was. "Agassi won the second set? whatever. This match was history before it started"

Agassi can't hang with Nadal from the baseline, there's not even an argument there. And 3 of 5 sets haha! Time for pain.
You're funny and uninformed. I see you're a watcher and not a player. :wavey:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

well Muller proved to be LUCKY!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

Foot_Fault said:
Actually, Robbi Could be a SemiFinalist if he keep his head about him
That's true. That would be another big shock of the tournament.....however, maybe not given that his quarter is rather weak. Ginepri has more stamina than Gasquet. Who else is there in that quarter?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

Foot_Fault said:
Watch Match were you watching in Montreal? Maybe that was a tournament I missed, or a practice match you're speading about.
Agassi had to play two matches the day before the fMontreal inal remember. I don't think that will happen this time. Agassi should have more strategies in his mind this time.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
PamV said:
That's true. That would be another big shock of the tournament.....however, maybe not given that his quarter is rather weak. Ginepri has more stamina than Gasquet. Who else is there in that quarter?
If Gasquet survives that is. Don't count out Berdych from Nadal's half just yet. I would like to assess Blake performance after today's match. Ginepri's match against Haas will be very interesting.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts

Coria- who can actually be pretty good on hard court (reached QF here in 2003). It sound like he played a good, clean match today against Spadea without really any snafus excpet for when he was broken in the next to last game of the match.

Haas has the game but not the steadiness to make it the semis I think.

Ljubicic in that section, Massu (how does the court here compare to the Olympics?) and Wawrinka.

So yeah- does look like Robby could make it to the semis if his form holds. (Who would have thought we'd be saying that five months ago?) Imo, his biggest competition would be Coria and Gasquet. If Gasquet had the endurence and steadiness to go through, I think he could make it because he does have the game when it is on. But will it be on?

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts

I think the reality is, we will be seeing a Federer/Nadal final. Except for Marat Safin, who has what it takes to take on these guys on the days his head is screwed on correctly, Tennis is about Federer and Nadal. Roger is the better player, but Nadal seems to be the only one capable of reaching those limits set by Roger.

Nadal will be rid of Blake in 3 sets.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts

PamV said:
Agassi had to play two matches the day before the fMontreal inal remember. I don't think that will happen this time. Agassi should have more strategies in his mind this time.

IMO, Agassi had a handle on Nadal. I think in the third set, it was all about physical endurance.

If Agassi comes out and plays the game he played in the second set of the montreal final, then it will definitely take Nadal more than 3 sets to put Agassi away. I think it may come down to physical endurance.

·
Registered
940 Posts

Everyone is on the Ginepri bandwagon, not me.I think he will get picked off.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

Foot_Fault said:
well Muller proved to be LUCKY!
No, he proved to be flakey - something that those of us who had heard of him before the other night already knew ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Clara Bow said:
Coria- who can actually be pretty good on hard court (reached QF here in 2003). It sound like he played a good, clean match today against Spadea without really any snafus excpet for when he was broken in the next to last game of the match.

Haas has the game but not the steadiness to make it the semis I think.

Ljubicic in that section, Massu (how does the court here compare to the Olympics?) and Wawrinka.

So yeah- does look like Robby could make it to the semis if his form holds. (Who would have thought we'd be saying that five months ago?) Imo, his biggest competition would be Coria and Gasquet. If Gasquet had the endurence and steadiness to go through, I think he could make it because he does have the game when it is on. But will it be on?
God, why couldnt James be in that section! He definately needed the Semi...who knows, if he plays well with Nadal, Toe to Toe...it may be a good chance for an upset. Not counting Chickens yet..but hopefully James get through tonite and Make to the NIGHT MATCH ON SATURDAY w/Nadal...or that just may be CBS' Coverage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts