·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Winter is awesome.

I love going out in the evening when it's dark and see the frosty tint everything has with that cool breeze hitting your face, I think it's amazing. :drool:

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
Where I'm from, the four seasons are really distinctive which is nice. I don't have anything against winter as long as the temperature is < 0°C and the snow doesn't melt right away. (Warm winters are humid and wet, so funnily they almost seem the coldest.) I like downhill skiing and also watching the starry nights in the winter. The air is so fresh.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I much prefer winter to summer.

·
Registered
19,148 Posts
Where I'm from, the four seasons are really distinctive which is nice. I don't have anything against winter as long as the temperature is < 0°C and the snow doesn't melt right away. (Warm winters are humid and wet, so funnily they almost seem the coldest.) I like downhill skiing and also watching the starry nights in the winter. The air is so fresh.
Oh the nostalgia. :awww: I miss the times walking home from school in darkness but still feeling safe because of the light coming from the blanket of snow. Nothing like breathing in that really cool, strikingly fresh air. Also this may sound weird, but I used to really like the sound of my boots against the "sticky" snow too... :lol:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Sydney's Winter's aren't anywhere near as extreme as European Winter's, so I can't whinge about it being freezing, but still don't like it.

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
Oh the nostalgia. :awww: I miss the times walking home from school in darkness but still feeling safe because of the light coming from the blanket of snow. Nothing like breathing in that really cool, strikingly fresh air.
I know right :hug: There's also nothing like snow if you want to get that christmas feeling. Where in Sweden were you from again?
Also this may sound weird, but I used to really like the sound of my boots against the "sticky" snow too... :lol:
I know exactly what you mean. How many times have I not taken walks in cold winter night with my friends and heard that sound...

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Sydney's Winter's aren't anywhere near as extreme as European Winter's, so I can't whinge about it being freezing, but still don't like it.
Depends on where in Europe you are. My country, for instance, has a sea climate, which means that usually we have very dark and wet (not snow, RAIN :mad:) winters. Not very pleasant, imho.

There's a good reason why so many folks go skiing in the Alps - gorgeous weather, the sight of all that beautiful white snow and a blue sky above with a gorgeous sun is just what you need to get yourself refuelled with energy. :D

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
It's not winter here :D:D

·
Registered
19,148 Posts
I know right :hug: There's also nothing like snow if you want to get that christmas feeling. Where in Sweden were you from again?
Oh yeah definitely, it gets you straight into the spirit of things.

What England has is not winter. It's just a damp windy rainy snowless mess straight through your bones. :unsure:

Skellefteå, hometown of tennis legend Joakim Nyström. :worship: (There's snow from end of September to around mid April there. A bit excessive you might argue. :lol:)

I know exactly what you mean. How many times have I not taken walks in cold winter night with my friends and heard that sound...
:D

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
What England has is not winter. It's just a damp windy rainy snowless mess straight through your bones. :unsure:
:tape: That's terrible. I've experienced some of that, too. :(
Skellefteå, hometown of tennis legend Joakim Nyström. :worship: (There's snow from end of September to around mid April there. A bit excessive you might argue. :lol:)
Even so, Norrland :rocker2:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I hate Winter. Dark early mornings, dark late afternoons, bundling up, ice, black ice, frigid, windy days, holing up inside when the snowstorms come. flu. We turn the clocks back a hour tomorrow night. :eek:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts