Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looked like Benneteau was down early in that 2nd set but he manages to win another tight one for three matches in a row! Huge tournament for him. 3rd set break he was down 6-4, saved one on his serve approaching the net. The next one Haase missed an easy forehand on the first shot and double faulted at 6-6! Tough tough loss for Haase

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Needless to say i was waiting on haase for a parlay

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Wasn't Haase up a break in both 2nd and 3rd sets? Also, he lost only 2 points on serve during the third set until of course he had to serve for the match.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
So happy Julien capitalized on the situation and got the win. Showing a ton of determination and toughness this week and he's really reboosted his career these last few weeks after things weren't looking too good not long ago. Unfortunately these long matches will hurt his chances to beat Almagro in New York. But, these types of wins are what a confidence player like Julien needs. Hopefully he can maintain this form for a while.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Haase :superlol:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So happy Julien capitalized on the situation and got the win. Showing a ton of determination and toughness this week and he's really reboosted his career these last few weeks after things weren't looking too good not long ago. Unfortunately these long matches will hurt his chances to beat Almagro in New York. But, these types of wins are what a confidence player like Julien needs. Hopefully he can maintain this form for a while.
Haha you know Almagro was very very happy Benneteau won this. But nothing you can do, huge opportunity for Julien, gotta focus on Isner now

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Even though this was a multiple choke by Haase, gotta congratulate Benneteau, and I know Voo de Mar appreciates this, winning 3 matches in a row saving match point :worship:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Needless to say i was waiting on haase for a parlay

Wow...I feel for you. I was watching this and saying to myself if I bet Haase this match I would be on the verge of killing myself if he loses it.

One of the sickest losses i've seen in quite awhile on the ATP tour, perhaps the sickest this year. A million and one chances and he finds a way to lose the match.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Wow...I feel for you. I was watching this and saying to myself if I bet Haase this match I would be on the verge of killing myself if he loses it.

One of the sickest losses i've seen in quite awhile on the ATP tour, perhaps the sickest this year. A million and one chances and he finds a way to lose the match.
I rarely get upset or mad after losing a bet, it's safe to say throwing something across my room was justified in this particular instance.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Haase must be one of the biggest headcases in the top 100. Mug.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Benneteau's revival happened just in time. He has a decent US Open draw as well (Almagro then Istomin/Sweeting).

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Haase :smash: :clown:
Great result for Benneteau though! Happy for the old fellow. :hatoff:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts