Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't see the match but some say it's been the best match Chung played in since last March.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I couldn't see the match but some say it's been the best match Chung played in since last March.
Haha who's saying that?

I watched the match and honestly neither player played very well. Both players making UEs. Chung created more break point opportunities. The big positive for me was that Chung served well again. Let's hope it all comes together vs PCB.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Just watched the highlight on youtube. Wow, Chung was on fire today. Berrettini was pummeling the ball and Chung hit them back harder. Serve speed seems to have improved a bit too. Looks like he is fully back in form since the injury.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I compared Chung's serve stance from Australian Open 2018 against Cincy Open 2018 and the current Winston Salem tournament. He has definitely changed it from pinpoint to more of a platform stance with his right foot pointing more to the right. I believe that is allowing him to coil his body a little more.

Whatever it is, I hope he does well at the US Open. He really shouldn't go all the way here.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Was there for this. This was a good match. Berrenttini's serve was AWOL at the start of the match, but once that got going this was a real contest. He hits the drop shot better than pretty much anyone I've seen, I think might be future top 20. Chung absolutely does not miss in rallies while not exactly playing defensively, but the serve is a liability.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Chung does have a way tougher road than all the others. PCB will be a legitimate test, very winnable, Edmund as well, the top half is LOL worthy even for a 250.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts