Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strong match from Igor. His two big strengths he did well with, the serve and the forehand in the middle of the court. Really dictated play with that one shot throughout the entire match. Served well in big moments. The rest of his game was good enough to win comfortably. The scoreline doesn't really indicate that Andreev was the clear better player. Kept a positive attitude through the entire match, which he regularly doesn't do.

Melzer just didn't really do much to impact the match, made a lot of errors long, didn't return well, and simply got outplayed. Now 17-17 on the season, he's headed into the USO with little confidence.

·
Registered
10,663 Posts
Can't believe he was top 10 if you see him lose matches like these. Had 3 bps at 5-5, then gave away the set and basically the match. Bad.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Mugzer finally coming back to Earth, proving that 2010 was a fluke.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Who would have thought Igor would make the first consecutive main draw wins of the season on fast hard court? :sobbing: :hug:

Feel sorry for Jurgen though. :awww:

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
well done igor :hearts:

·
Registered
21,895 Posts
Can't remember the last time Andreev won two matches in a row.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rome in May. Beat Sweeting, Nieminen and Riba (the first two in qualifying) before losing to Gasquet. It's only the third tournament he's won more than one match and the first tournament he's gotten past the 2nd round in a MD.

I don't ever see Igor being the top 30 player he was but hopefully this is a start where he can be a solid 50-80 player.

·
Registered
21,895 Posts
Rome in May. Beat Sweeting, Nieminen and Riba (the first two in qualifying) before losing to Gasquet. It's only the third tournament he's won more than one match and the first tournament he's gotten past the 2nd round in a MD.

I don't ever see Igor being the top 30 player he was but hopefully this is a start where he can be a solid 50-80 player.
I was talking about main draws, obviously.

Looked it up: it appears to be Kuala Lumpur in september of last year, pretty pathetic :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts