Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

... 21 ...

Expected.
Melzer cannot find a good form again and Goffin is on a mission. So the match itself, the outcome and the scoreline all make sense.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
WS R1 (Q)Goatfin def Melzer 6-3 6-4 (23 Wins in a row)

Routine.The H2H was 3-0 Melzer but nobody can stop Goffin really looking good has only dropped 2 sets in 23 matches also was clutch today saved 6/6 break points.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Re: WS R1 (Q)Goatfin def Melzer 6-3 6-4 (23 Wins in a row)

Good win against someone who owned him until now.

Looks like Djokovic and Federer are 2nd and 3rd favorites for USO.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Re: WS R1 (Q)Goatfin def Melzer 6-3 6-4 (23 Wins in a row)

Tintin looking unstoppable atm.

The only shame is he didn't play maybe Cinci quails instead of this week - Winston then UO will probably exhaust him after so many matches lately.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
David beats his nemesis in straight sets :bolt: :spit: :bowdown:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Goffin is amazing lately. Good for him. Would be great if he made a run at the USO.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Too good this Goffin. He can go far here.

·
Registered
288 Posts
He should have received a wildcard, as he reached the main draw playing qualifying 7 times out of 8 this year (only lost to Kamke in Eastbourne in the final round). Anyway, great result once more. He's in the top 40 of the Race. Staying there should be his main goal.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
yas david!!! nid, he is playing great lately

allez =D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I wouldn't like to be the player who draws Goffin at USO. :scared:
I hope you are joking :p The best player he has defeated is Kohlschreiber

On another note, Melzer has to be close to retirement? His singles rank will drop to 111 after this tournament

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I hope you are joking :p The best player he has defeated is Kohlschreiber

On another note, Melzer has to be close to retirement? His singles rank will drop to 111 after this tournament
While through it's not the players he is defeating it is how he is defeating them as dropping 2 sets in 23 matches is very good with one of them coming against Thiem in his home country best non seeded player at USO in my opinion

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Godfin :worship: let's get that h2h turned around. 23 in a row, brilliant streak. Mayer next, with Leo being the model of inconsistency, and not playing since Hamburg, and this one being his first match on hard in a while... I expect David to make it 24 :cool:
Jurgen :( future doesn't look bright.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
its great to see david continue his form after that little break. im so happy he's found himself again. amazing what a little confidence can do

now hopefully he wont get fucked with the draw in the US open

1 - 20 of 34 Posts