Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no thread? I felt bad for Benneateau. He choked like all French men. And he was crying at the end.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Re: Isner Beats Benneteau 4-6, 6-3, 6-4

FiloV is busy right now. :awww:

Benneteau was sobbing into his towel. :awww:

I’m very happy for John. :yippee:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts

no thread? I felt bad for Benneateau. He choked like all French men. And he was crying at the end.
you got it. LOL

Isner done a good job before the OPEN. but he may run out of gas.....in 1st round ...

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

you got it. LOL

Isner done a good job before the OPEN. but he may run out of gas.....in 1st round ...
I have a feeling, Isner, Roddick and Blake won't make it past round 3.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts

you got it. LOL

Yes. I worry about this.

It’s not going to be an easy journey to New York.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Isner had a solid week. :yeah: Baghdatis and Roddick were good wins, and Benneteau can be a tough opponent (as he showed today).

Benneteau just folds in finals :eek: He really should have won something by now but...

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Good job John. He may be tired for the US Open but there was no way he was going to tank at his hometown tournament.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Benneteau crying was sad but what a HUGE tournament for him. Surviving three battles with Andreev,Stakhovsky, and Haase. This title was close. Huge win for Isner so close to home!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Well so Isner did his job over there, good for him.
Whether it's a good decision to play a three setter just before the USO... I dunno. I sort-of expected him to tank this for a bit, good of him not to do so. Congrats, Long John. :hatoff:

Benneteau. AWESOME tournament for him, no shame in losing this final! :hug:

·
A happy person
44,904 Posts
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :bounce: :aparty: :drink:

Congrats John, well done! :yeah: He played great tennis during all week, deserved title. Bravo!! :bigclap:

Oh and who cares the US Open when Isner wins a title before his own NC public? And got lot of points with this.

Sorry for Benneteau :hug:

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Benneteau crying was sad but what a HUGE tournament for him. Surviving three battles with Andreev,Stakhovsky, and Haase. This title was close. Huge win for Isner so close to home!
John was very complimentary to Julien. He said Benneteau played 9 matches at the tournament. :eek:

John doesn’t play until Wednesday, so he should be ok traveling. He can go on Monday.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Well so Isner did his job over there, good for him.
Whether it's a good decision to play a three setter just before the USO... I dunno. I sort-of expected him to tank this for a bit, good of him not to do so. Congrats, Long John. :hatoff:

Benneteau. AWESOME tournament for him, no shame in losing this final! :hug:
He wouldn’t want to tank in front of his home town crowd.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
John was very complimentary to Julien. He said Benneteau played 9 matches at the tournament. :eek:
My livestream died once the match was over, didn't see any of the ceremony. :(
Great to read this. Isner is right, that's just a fantastic achievement from good-old Julien. :yeah:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
He wouldn’t want to tank in front of his home town crowd.
True. Still, I just couldn't find the confidence to put some cash on him. My mistake. ;)

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
My livestream died once the match was over, didn't see any of the ceremony. :(
Great to read this. Isner is right, that's just a fantastic achievement from good-old Julien. :yeah:
Oh, since you’re a Julien fan I’ll tell you in more detail. He said that Julien had a terrific tournament — 9 matches. Then after the crowd applauded, he said that Julien was coming back from some injuries and this tournament should help him get his ranking back up to where it belongs. He was very supportive of Julien.

Maybe John’s a French tennis fan now. :lol:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Oh, since you’re a Julien fan I’ll tell you in more detail. He said that Julien had a terrific tournament — 9 matches. Then after the crowd applauded, he said that Julien was coming back from some injuries and this tournament should help him get his ranking back up to where it belongs. He was very supportive of Julien.

Maybe John’s a French tennis fan now. :lol:
Thank you very much! :D
Well I'm not a Benneteau fan particularly, but well remember his tears of joy when he beat Federer last year, and he struck me as a very nice guy at that time. As such, I am very happy to hear about these very kind words from Isner to him. :yeah:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts