Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Re: Winston-Salem Entry List (updated August 19, 2015)

Is there someone in contention for the second SE? Or will it be cleared as well?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Re: Winston-Salem Entry List (updated August 14, 2015)

waiting for confirmation but apparently Gilles Muller is out
resting and going early to new york

·
Registered
299 Posts

OUT: Estrella Burgos
IN: Duckworth
:( You maybe know why he is out? Victor not played since Bogota :scared:

·
Registered
7,016 Posts

48 players in the draw means there will be 16 seeds with a bye in the 1st round. :eek:
Anyway, the main draw will be out in less than 23 hours and there's still one WC to be awarded. I hope it won't go to a player that is ranked higher than Tsonga as that means Jo would be the #5 seed. :eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts

:( You maybe know why he is out? Victor not played since Bogota :scared:
Victor is here in DR. He has said that he is training for US Open and the playoffs of Davis Cup against Germany. Those are his priorities and he doen't want to be exhausted for those tournaments.

I don't think it is a good decision sitting for long time, specially in Canada, where he had gotten directly into MD.

If his rival in 1st round of USOpen is Djokovic, for example, would that training be enough to defeat Nole?

·
Registered
299 Posts

Oh, I forgot about this, but still it's bad that he not tried played in Masters tournaments.

Victor is here in DR. He has said that he is training for US Open and the playoffs of Davis Cup against Germany. Those are his priorities and he doen't want to be exhausted for those tournaments.

I don't think it is a good decision sitting for long time, specially in Canada, where he had gotten directly into MD.

If his rival in 1st round of USOpen is Djokovic, for example, would that training be enough to defeat Nole?

Thanks for answer :) I hope that he will not draw seeded player in first round, he have to defend third round points :unsure: But if this will happen, he can try play his best tennis, especially that won't be tired.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts

Do you think had he played Montreal and/or Cincinnati he'd have any chance against Nole anyways?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

^ He also withdrew, but few days earlier, I thought someone posted it here already

·
Registered
669 Posts

it's crazy torunament, most of the players will play 6 matches in 7 days, others even 6 in 6, plus few players will play also doubles on the week before USOPEN.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

For players like Damir it's perfect preparation for US Open, very similiar conditions like in NYC, hopefully not so tough qualies, should be a few, 3-4 matches in a week before USO, for me best possible preparations :)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts