Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Less talented player won. Bad for the game.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Haase has been on fire. Won his first career title a few weeks ago and now a Semi final appearance. He'll definitely be favored against Jules

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Dolgo sucked. Could lose early in US Open if playing like this, even to Gil.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
I can't stand Dolgopolov. He is so good but so uninterested.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Dolgopolov bad lost

but anyway good to take a break before USO. I think he will make it to QF

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Dolgo sucked. Could lose early in US Open if playing like this, even to Gil.
He will if he brings his "Don't feel like playing serious tennis today" attitude.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Dolgo really needs to get a coach who'll teach him to slow down. Yes, Alex is a better ballstriker than Haase (although Robin played well today from what I saw). But Dolgo doesn't get into rhythm and it's his own fault. Doesn't take enough time between serves and goes for unnecessarily spectacular winners when he is already in control of the point. :scratch: He doesn't seem to have the serious mentality that is needed to dig out wins consistently at this level. He's focusing too much on entertainment value right now, similar to Monfils. :facepalm:

Reactions: v-money

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
He will if he brings his "Don't feel like playing serious tennis today" attitude.
I don't think he was as disinterested as people think. Certainly frustrated with himself throughout the match...smashing his racquet and talking to himself. Don't think he would show these antics if he didn't feel like playing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Dolga played again so clueless... just as it comes... if he wants to get better he has to work on the tacticts... last game he shot 3 wild forehands out without sense...

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
I don't think he was as disinterested as people think. Certainly frustrated with himself throughout the match...smashing his racquet and talking to himself. Don't think he would show these antics if he didn't feel like playing.
But he is not playing with his head. Of course he wants to win but he should really sit down after this match and analyze what he did wrong if he wants to improve further.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Hmm! Haase on a eight match winning streak! Could be tricky for Murray if they play in the US Open 2nd round! Respect for The man who took Rafa to five sets at Wimbledon last Year!

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
His surprise attacks is what makes him so hard to play against. But its impossible to keep up a great level of play throughout a whole match with his erratic style. He should be erratic by design not by random.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Olek has yet to decide if he wants to be a fulltime pro or if he wants to go and play clown-tennis with Monsour Bahrami...

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Hmm! Haase on a eight match winning streak! Could be tricky for Murray if they play in the US Open 2nd round! Respect for The man who took Rafa to five sets at Wimbledon last Year!
I guess that means respect for Petzchner and even more respect for Isner who took Rafa to 5 sets at Roland Garros. Only guy to ever do that

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I guess that means respect for Petzchner and even more respect for Isner who took Rafa to 5 sets at Roland Garros. Only guy to ever do that
So Robin should have gave away a set in 2009 ;)

but you are right that Isner match was really one he should be proud of

1 - 20 of 28 Posts