Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I'm liking both the underdogs to win these matches (Coria @ 2.25 and Agassi @ 1.90).

Coria has experience at the latter stage of slams unlike Ginepri...thinking Ginepri might choke a little. Coria won't make it easy for him either and Ginepri will have to play very well to win. He was also let off the hook by Gasquet who struggled with injury, otherwise he might not have progressed.

Agassi is one of the most, if not THE most, experienced players out there. Blake, like Ginepri, has never seen this far of a slam....he will have to repeat his Nadal performance to progress and, judging by his match yesterday, he seems to have slowed down somewhat and was a little lucky. Agassi seems to think his body will hold up so I expect pretty much the usual from him...which should be just about enough. Also, Blake has had such a whirlwind couple of weeks...it will eventually blow itself out.

Any thoughts? ;) :p

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
I haven't seen the odds yet, are you seriously telling me Agassi is the dog against Blake? Thats utter madness. I agree with you about Coria as well too. I think my eyes are deceiving me with those odds, let me go check it out :eek:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Re: Winner\'s Wednesday

Loving the 2.50 on Coria I found. And the 1.90 on Agassi. 2 big singles, plus throwing them into a parlay at close to 5.00 :eek:

A fantastic betting opportunity, simply not to be missed. Tomorrow will be wonderful Wednesday

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts

gravity said:
*cough* Agassi is still 2.04 on betfair.
Once you include the commision it brings down the odds to closer to what the bookies are offering. I stopped using betfair, the commision began to frustrate me :)

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
Yeah the commission can be a killer you need to keep a check on oddschecker. But it's useful to trade a position especially with the tempremental women capable of winning the first set 6-1 then losing the next two 0-6, 0-6.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts

gravity said:
Yeah the commission can be a killer you need to keep a check on oddschecker. But its useful to trade a position especially with the tempremental women capable of winning the first set 6-1 then losing the next two 0-6, 0-6.
I try and stay away from WTA if the match isnt on tv, it kills me watching break after break on a scoreboard. In fact, I try to stay away from the WTA full stop, unless I see a particularly good price, like Dementieva the other night or Venus tonight. If the match is on tv, I would usually follow the live betting prices, you can usually get good odds if someone is down a break.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
LOL at backing Coria.

The man plays claytennis on HC.. :rolleyes:

On the other hand Ginepri is a mediocre player so this match is 50-50, value on king Coria

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm surprised people are so quick to go for Coria and Agassi. Did many of you watch their matches yesterday?

Ginepri/Coria: If anybody's bound to make loads of mistakes, it's the Argentine. He double-faulted more than 20 times against Massu alone. It's telling enough, in fact, that he had to work so hard against the Chilean just to come out on top. Quite arguably, Coria was lucky that Massu lost his nerve. A better, more consistent, less tempermental and more determined Ginepri will be extremely tough for THIS Coria to beat. And, as you'll all have noted over the course of the hard court season, Coria is another fickle player. These days you can rarely rely upon him to win with much conviction, especially a few matches into a tournament.

Agassi/Blake: So what if Agassi has that fantastic hard court record? Most of that was earned yesterday. He's 35 now! More importantly, he IS very vulnerable, and indeed very beatable, if only the opponent can keep on top of things. For example, yesterday he folded a two set lead to Malisse, who hasn't been playing even close to how Blake has. The best example of Agassi being exposed was when he faced Nadal at the Roger's Cup in Montreal. Simply, he couldn't keep up. Blake similarly will just outrun him and outhit him, consistently, until it's over.

That neither Blake nor Ginepri have been to the semis of a Grandslam before is, too, irrelevant. In all likelihood this'll just make them even more determined. They're not the sort to be affected by nerves in the same way that, say, a Verdasco would. It'd be very naive to just assume that they'd face similar problems just due to such superficial reasoning.

Of course, anything could (and probably will) happen, though I feel very confident that Wednesday will be Ginepri & Blake day.

B

·
0 Posts
you could easily be mistaken thinking ginepri is the new federer with the type of odds this guy has been getting over the past couple of week :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
bad gambler said:
you could easily be mistaken thinking ginepri is the new federer with the type of odds this guy has been getting over the past couple of week :rolleyes:
exactly,

Ginepri 1,6 - Coria 2,5

you dont see that quite often, do you? I was stunned. Maybe Guille looses, but odds are generous enough

1 - 20 of 116 Posts