Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: Wimby R3: [8]Raonic def. Sock 6-3 6-4 6-4

Lol @ the people in the poll who said this match would be close.....
Total domination from the Canadian number 1.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

Milos didn't play particularly well but definitely improving on grass ... stats are deceiving (eg. wins almost 60% or 2nd serve returns; w-ue = 40-14) ... Sock was really bad for the most part. Should get to R4 but will be underdog against Kohli or Kei. (BTW, what the heck is happening to kohli down 2-1 to Bolelli of all people ????).

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

Milos' easy run continues here at Wimbledon :banana:

Hopefully another straight forward encounter with the winner of Kubot/Lajovic in RD3. :yeah:

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts

Only 14 UFE. That's a big improvement for Raonic. His UFE's coming down is good to see as even when he would win his UFE's would be high. 40 winners, 13 of which were aces, so still 27 non-ace winners and only 14 UFE's is great stat line for Raonic.

EDIT: And 8 of those UFE's were in the first set. So he tidied his game as the match went on.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

Milos played more than fine. Held serve consistently without any mental letdowns, which is very important for him especially on this surface. Sock's game was nowhere to be found other than a short stretch in the 3rd, he never really believed he could win this match.

A career best R3 now with a great chance at R4 with his draw.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts

Bolelli has had a good year to be fair.

Raonic flat track bullying his way through.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

Milos is improving no tiebreak for the second match he is breaking serves! Milos at a higher level this year.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Bolelli has had a good year to be fair.

Raonic flat track bullying his way through.
Not sure why Bolelli's year matters

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

I believe that was in response to sdmartin's comment about Kohli being down 2 set to 1 to Bolelli, which BTW is now in the 5th set.
That was my understanding. My analysis was: Milos easy draw to R4; kohli & kei easy draw to R3 and winner would be fav against Milos in R4 (unless they beat eachother up in a massive R3 5 setter). If I had to pick one man to upset either Kohli or kei before R3, not sure who it would be, but wouldn't have been Bolelli .. maybe I should start paying attention to him.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts

That was my understanding. My analysis was: Milos easy draw to R4; kohli & kei easy draw to R3 and winner would be fav against Milos in R4 (unless they beat eachother up in a massive R3 5 setter). If I had to pick one man to upset either Kohli or kei before R3, not sure who it would be, but wouldn't have been Bolelli .. maybe I should start paying attention to him.
bolelli has had his best result at grand slams here at wimbledon. i think the surface actually suits his game very well.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

nid, sock was lucky to win 1 match here

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

btw its r2, not r3...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts