Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol.

·
21,309 Posts
40 minutes :rolls:

8th mixed title for Paes.

Hingis loves Indians. She is having a great year with both Mirza and Paes.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Without any history, indeed. Paes/Hingis are different caliber, took a title without dropping any set.

Still, it was worthy to spend 40 minutes and witness Paes' magical touch again. :worship: :worship:

·
-Oracle-
2,070 Posts
OMG, THIS ABSOLUTELY SAVES THE DAY for me.

I was really disappointed that Roger lost the chance for his last GS at Wimbledon but seeing Hingis win 2 grand slam titles at Wimbledon after 17 years... I feel like crying.

What a LEGEND :worship:

Also, Paes still winning titles at 42, just too good.

·
MONSOON season.
81,974 Posts
Martina with two titles :hearts:

Peya and Babos should not have been in the final IMO.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Without any history, indeed. Paes/Hingis are different caliber, took a title without dropping any set.

Still, it was worthy to spend 40 minutes and witness Paes' magical touch again. :worship: :worship:
Yesterday was just too good...awesome tennis by 42 years young man and Hingis is was a class act as always...

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Paes/Hingis are so much better than everyone else it's sad. They'll be racking up mixed slams until they're 50.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The most one sided doubles match I've ever seen. It was a bloodbath.

·
21,309 Posts
Just realised this:
Paes became the oldest man to win a doubles slam in USO 2013
Paes became the oldest man to win a mixed doubles slam in AO 2015.

A very impressive record :worship:

Of course, with Nestor still playing, that could change very soon. If, for example, Nestor/Paes win a slam, the record will go to Nestor as he is 9 months older.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Paes/Hingis are so much better than everyone else it's sad. They'll be racking up mixed slams until they're 50.
Yess they are invincible nowadays...Taking 40-45 mins to finish off the matches...Paes would finish with another 5-6 Grand Slams with hingis for sure:worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just realised this:
Paes became the oldest man to win a doubles slam in USO 2013
Paes became the oldest man to win a mixed doubles slam in AO 2015.

A very impressive record :worship:

Of course, with Nestor still playing, that could change very soon. If, for example, Nestor/Paes win a slam, the record will go to Nestor as he is 9 months older.
I doubt...The way level of tennis declined nowadays for Nestor, it would be miracle for another GS win...Also don't think they will continue in Men's doubles as a partner..How is Stepanek injury ?

·
21,309 Posts
I doubt...The way level of tennis declined nowadays for Nestor, it would be miracle for another GS win...Also don't think they will continue in Men's doubles as a partner..How is Stepanek injury ?
Paes/Stepanek won't be playing together anytime soon. Probably never again.

Steps has been playing singles regularly for the last three months(though in challengers), so injury is probably recovered. At least temporarily. But he still needs to regain his level of play. Further he has only played two doubles tournaments all this while. Dropping last year's wimbledon SF points means Stepanek is now ranked 250. Paes too dropped a few spot to 32 as he couldn't defend the SF either. With their ranking they can't get in to any tour level tournaments. And Paes if not going to start playing CH at his age.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dear Pratik. I`m afraid Paes isn't still the oldest champion in mixed grand slams only by one or two days. Sherwood Stewart has the record : he was champion in Wimbledon 1988 at 42 and 26-28 days old. Paes at 42 and 28. But also Stewart is the oldest man to reach a final: australian open 1989 at 43. (it was held on grass in november-december) But do you think that Paes won't reach another final ?;)

I think Paes needs a younger partner, like mahut, bopanna, mergea...

·
21,309 Posts
Dear Pratik. I`m afraid Paes isn't still the oldest champion in mixed grand slams only by one or two days. Sherwood Stewart has the record : he was champion in Wimbledon 1988 at 42 and 26-28 days old. Paes at 42 and 28. But also Stewart is the oldest man to reach a final: australian open 1989 at 43. (it was held in grass in november-december) But do you think that Paes won't reach another final ?;)

I think Paes needs a younger partner, like mahut, bopanna, mergea...
You are, of course, right about Sherwood. I saw that written in a couple of places:

Paes appears to have got better with age: 12 of his 16 grand slam men’s doubles and mixed doubles titles have come in his 30s and 40s, and he became the oldest man to ever win a grand slam title when he and Hingis won the mixed doubles at the Australian Open in January.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jul/12/martina-hingis-leander-paes-mixed-doubles-title

Anyway, with the way Hingis and him are playing, there is a very high chance that they could win one more mixed slam.

As for a younger partner in men's doubles. I agree. Mahut won't come up from his French haze. Nestor and Paes are not a good match personality-wise. Bopanna isn't either, but I think their game styles match well. Bopanna's serve with Paes at the net is an incredibly powerful combination. Maybe can they do well next year(assuming they pair together for Olympics).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts