9 To be announced

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Pretty much NID choices

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Are the 2 "To be announced" slots for the WC play-off tournament (or is that only for qualifying WCs now) and the guy who does best in the Nottingham Challengers?

No big surprises in the other 6. Baghdatis has been begging for WCs all year but at least he knows how to play on grass. Edmund and Ward were always going to get them and Evans hasn't pissed anyone off recently so they overlooked his past behaviour. Cox and Smethurst have had a good year and really raised their rankings.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
I would give a WC to Muller

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to apply for a WC, but I got disheartened after Roland Garros didn't even respond to my request.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
No respect for Darcis, disgraceful.
No, he had no respect for wimbledon or the fans, instead he felt he'd retire from the tournament and cash-in as good and much as he can with selling his 'story' to the press etc on 'how he managed to beat Nadal'.

He's pathetic and not worthy of any wild-card, EVER at the all England club.

So whatever.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
qwcs :hearts: willis and golding playing there again, so cool!!

smethy and cox with mdwcs =D

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, he had no respect for wimbledon or the fans, instead he felt he'd retire from the tournament and cash-in as good and much as he could with selling his 'story' to the press etc on 'how he managed to beat Nadal'.

He's pathetic and not worthy of any wild-card, EVER at the all England club.

So whatever.
Yes, he faked his injury, no?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Yes, he faked his injury, no?

He turned what was slight fatigue and cramp into being something more than it was. So yes, he faked injury, I suppose you could put it like that.

He'll live off that win for the rest of his career now. Being known as one of the very select few to have beaten Nadal at a grandslam AND be a single hander, although I'm not sure how much the single hander paves into significance from a media/commercial perspective / standpoint.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
can we talk about the wcs and not about darcis, please? :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts