Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come. Bernard is easily the most natural grass-court player on tour. I watched some of his matches on clay this season too and I have to say there are lot of improvements in his game. First of all its topspin backhand...He is well-known for one the best slices in modern tennis but his bh wing is now looks complete. He add nice bdtl to his game and really can make damage from that wing. His bh is very hard to read too (as a whole game) and he can produce winners DTL even from low balls :yeah: The other part is agressivness on return of 2nd serves. He is no longer a mug on return. He reminds me peak fed with his return strategy - to play at 100% only few games per set. And the last part is his ability to grind when its needed. He can be very tough at crucial points...Add to this his great unreadable serve and fluent movement on grass and you'll have a great dark horse. I think he can make a semis or final with good draw.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Well, load up on him in Racket Rally then. :)

Or bet on him, if you're in a betting country.

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
The time has come. Bernard is easily the most natural grass-court player on tour. I watched some of his matches on clay this season too and I have to say there are lot of improvements in his game. First of all its topspin backhand...
topspin backhand is probably the wrong word, his BH is flat like a pancake :D

But that's exactly what makes him good on grass.

Sleeper yes but I can't see him going beyond the QF stage.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
topspin backhand is probably the wrond word, his BH is flat like a pancake :D

But that's exactly what makes him good on grass.

Sleeper yes but I can't see him going beyond the QF stage.
Depends. I can see him beating federer and even djoker (in day off). If draw opens up a bit he is not without a chance for big run..

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
But he is certainly one of the players that improves the most on grass compared to other surfaces, just like F. Lopez, Muller and Stakhovsky.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
I've seen some of your threads lately and while most of them have been complete nonsense, this is the first time you've hit the money 100%. I couldn't agree more. Here's to Tomic winning Wimbledon and wearing all black to the Champions Dinner. Bernard will be able to drink again after capturing the biggest tournament in sports.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've seen some of your threads lately and while most of them have been complete nonsense, this is the first time you've hit the money 100%. I couldn't agree more. Here's to Tomic winning Wimbledon and wearing all black to the Champions Dinner. Bernard will be able to drink again after capturing the biggest tournament in sports.
My threads are even more underrated than Bernard.

·
Bring it Home
20,679 Posts
Unreadable serve?

Tomic has the most beatiful service motion along with Foggy and Tipsa
But it's not unreadable. Opponent usually knows where he's gonna serve. He surely hit a lot of aces, but he also play a lot of "multi deuce" games.

I agree he is some kind of sleeper for Wimbledon, but not for the title. Can reach a QF or maybe a SF with a good draw.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
what does sleeper mean. someone who can go deep or someone you think could actually win it all?. i agree he could go deep but he's not ready to win it yet

·
6,668 Posts
A good chance for another deep run, but will still be outclassed by the top guns.
Give him a couple more years and he is a shout.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
If he can stop the choking? I don't see why not. Does like the grass, old Tankmic.

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
sleeper?

i think he stays up all night to get lucky, i dont think he sleeps.
Indeed. Opened thread to find out who he's sleeping with, not this nonsense. :no:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts