Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, this is remarkable. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they could pull this off.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Both played very well :D They didn't serve as well as against Peya/Soares but they dominated the rallies when it mattered. :bigwave: Stepanek

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Vasek! :D :eek: :D :eek:

I know it's a tall order vs the Bryans, but it sure would be funny at the end of the week -- after Canadian TV has been talking up Milos & Genie for days and not mentioning the doubles -- if Vasek is the only Canadian bringing home a GS title! :lol:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Awful play from paes and stepanek. Sock seems to be another top notch asshole to come out of USTA.

Things really looking up for US tennis finally. About time. Wait.. sorry I had it confused with Canada.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This is amazing and good for Vasek Pospisil he had a tough year with the back trouble. Yes, this is doubles but this is the biggest moment of his career! This is a Wimbledon final! So happy for Vasek and Jack!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Did anyone see that point in the tie break when Stepanek screamed like crazy on a volley and Pospisil/Sock were super pissed about it? Sock said: "We know he's crazy but he can't do that" :haha:

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
What has Sock done to you people? He always seems like a nice guy to me
He pulled a douche move last year by leaving his Wimbledon doubles partner in the lurch. That's about it, though. He's not a bad guy it all, just your normal slightly cocky American male.

edit: Oh yeah, people also dislike him because he takes too many wildcards.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He pulled a douche move last year by leaving his Wimbledon doubles partner in the lurch. That's about it, though. He's not a bad guy it all, just your normal slightly cocky American male.
Agree with you, but most, if not all, of his singles threads usually include ''suck''. If this is all he's done, then people really have issues here.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Sock is a good doubles player. I remeber his good runs with James Blake last year in the US hardcourts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pospisil is actually a really good doubles player. In a lot of Canada's Davis Cup matches he's paired with Daniel Nestor and often it's Vasek who's doing the heavy lifting/ His singles career is tough rn because he had trouble rounding into form after his back injury but he's still got it in doubles.

Sock is a bit entitled and has received some hype for no good reason at all and it went to his head (kinda like Sloane. He lacks a bit of professionalism (the way he carried himself in his R2 match vs Milos wasn't very respectable) but he is a pretty good doubles player, somewhat because he doesn't have to hit his backhand, the worst backhand in the top 100.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts