Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Wimbledon SF: Djokovic battles past Del Potro 7-5, 4-6, 7-6(2), 6-7(6), 6-3

What a match!

This should have been the final. Five epic sets decided on the slimmest of margins, flashes of brilliance, and sheer willpower.

Bravo, No1e and Del Potro! Bravo!

No1e not playing is best with his backhand way off for majority of the match could be a blessing. It's a wake up call for him to bring his best game in the final.

Go for your second Wimbledon title, No1e! :yeah:

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Re: Wimbledon SF: Djokovic battles past Del Potro 7-5, 4-6, 7-6(2), 6-7(6), 6-3

**** tennis. Seriously, this was the most disgusting match since USO 2012. I won't even bother watching the final because we all know what's going to happen. Tennis is dead.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Great fight from both. DelPo again rising to his '09 level....and then letting up just when it counted the most.

Djoko won most of that match without his favorite backhand DTL...and then of course won the last point with that very shot. That's what it takes to be and remain a champion.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Wimbledon SF: Nole "Warrior" Djokovic battles past Delpo 7-5 4-6 7-6(2) 6-7(6) 6-3

I can't tell anyone about this as i watched only the 5th set but all i can say it's i'm happy Nole's in the final and congrats Delpo for all the fighting he showed today

:hatoff:

Go for the title now you GOAT :rocker2:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Best match of the year.

Hats off to both guys.

I like BH DTL FINISH!

THATS MOVE OF DEATH FROM NOVAK DJOKOVIC!

APPLAUSE TO BOTH GUYS!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
(Original post: Tennis is truly, finally, and absolutely dead.)

:eek: Emotions aside, I'm satisfied with this match. Mostly very high quality with some necessary lapses, and of course great drama. I think del Potro is having more fun with the game now, or at least trying to. If not that, then pretending to. Whatever. I was a little worried when he said he liked football more than tennis, because passion for the game can be essential to success. Today he played like someone who enjoyed the game and knew what was at stake. Surely this is only one step in his ascent back to previous heights, and perhaps even better than that.

But again, I didn't write my original post out of hate, but out of disappointment that the guy I objectively thought was more impressive had lost. There were also several wrong line calls and net cord winners, among other things, that kept the match from being as good as it could have been. In any case, I hope Djokovic's fans can admit that this is someone who deserves Centre Court.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Annihilation! Del Po's career is over.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

Thank you Nole. Now fix the Backhand and win the title.

·
Registered
757 Posts
what a shark, this Serbian, giving the Polish Giant false hope, and along the the way, pimping his 5-setter stats.

too clever.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
What a match.

Hardly classic grass court tennis, but who cares when it delivers so much drama and great tennis.

Djokovic is a champion through and through

DelPo reminded everyone why he's won a grand slam before

Probably the best result for a good final on Sunday as with the dodgy knee + lesser fitness I think DelPo would have still been pretty tired.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts

Epic, epic match. One of the best matches we will ever see. Quality dropped a bit in the 5th but no surprise given how much it took from both to get there.

Hope Djokovic wins the final as this was the real final.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Djokovic's sarcastic applause at 30-30 in the final game, what a douche :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

Tennis wins. Epic match and a big pity this wasn't the final. Novak, you fkin GOAT :hearts:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
That's the absolute worse result for tennis in recent memory.

Disgusting!!!! And I do mean it, I actually feel physically ill about this outcome.

1 - 20 of 325 Posts