Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Re: Wimbledon SF (suspended) Djokovic leads Nadal 6-4 3-6 7-6(9)

Just said on BBC that the players will decide if they play before women’s final and with roof open and closed?

How does this work? Surely Djokovic will want roof closed and Rafa want it open? How do they decide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

Finally, after years of this pathetic weak era we get a reminder of what tennis can be like. Epic stuff, Lord Pushak is back and Nadal is a mental midget once more.

·
The special one
14,024 Posts

What a match, some of these rallies reminded me a bit of AO 2012. It was like they were playing a completely different sport to the other 2 SFists. Really high level from both.

Also the drop shot Novak played at SP down, nerves of steel.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

fairly high quality match thus far but pretty massive choke from Nadal when things were tight in the tiebreak. Had 3 set points in the breaker, one on his own serve. What's particularly disappointing about it is he played extremely mentally strong UNTIL he got to set point a few times and then just completely threw them away

arguably Novak did not deserve to win the third set, Nadal sort of gifted the tiebreak towards the end. Can't believe he performed so badly when he had a set point on his own service point. SMH

good level overall though so I suppose neither can be too disappointed about their perfomances

whoever lost the tiebreak was doomed tomorrow though. No way is Nadal coming back from 2-1 down on a new day

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

High level from both players.

1st set, Novak was his old self. Bossed Rafa around.
2nd set, Rafa exerted his will and Novak's level dropped.
3rd set - could have gone either way. I think both players played too passive. Neither getting 2nd serve returns in like they should. Neither taking the chance to hit winners with open court available.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts

If Djokovic wins this match then 2/3 of the Wimbledon trophy came in the last 5-10 minutes of the match when he saved set points and then converted.A massive leg up for resumption tomorrow

·
Registered
6,069 Posts

Just said on BBC that the players will decide if they play before women’s final and with roof open and closed?

How does this work? Surely Djokovic will want roof closed and Rafa want it open? How do they decide?

are they playing before the women's final for sure? Did they say start time? Nothing on the Wimb site

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

the weatherrrrr decides, not the players

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

Tennis at its finest. Shame, it's not the final.

Djokovic was the better player for a set and half and Nadal was the better for a set and a half. Both deserve to win and THANK GOD Nole took the third or it would have been over already.

·
159,816 Posts

They will play with closed roof unless BOTH want to play with opened roof.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Nadal should be good sport and just gift Nole a win tomorrow providing him with a light training. Instead they are both gonna kill each other tomorrow and Anderson might have a chance to win a slam.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Both of the players should agree to roof being open. If Djokovic wants to continue roof closed, they will play indoors. That is what I heard from the commentator.

1 - 20 of 622 Posts