Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 362 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Nothing Andy could have done there. He played fantastic tennis, despite some bad errors at times, so it's a shame he lost in straight sets. Davis Cup next, then the American hardcourt season :yeah:

Roger though...he hasn't played tennis that good for years. Absolutely phenomenal. Nearly 60 winners, 11 errors, 20 aces, over 70% first serves...just too fucking good. Hopefully he'll take his 18th slam here now :yeah: :yeah:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
What a match. The end of the second set was crazy, that game at 4-5!
Congrats to both guys, especially Federer who was stunning today. He would destroy Djokovic with this level.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Gutted to say the least. But oh well, better luck next year Muz.

Fed was incredible. Really really impressive. If he loses to Novak then boy, we're all doomed.

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Fantastic match. Just great. A joy to see :D Good fight by Murray, but Federer was too good on serve and also dangerous on return towards the business end of the sets. Some truly amazing BH returns. Murray with the upper hand in rallies but not dominating enough to make up for Fed's points won on serve.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
so what we have learned today? FHless semi-Chokerer is still able to school this era titan who played more or less his best. long live strong era :worship:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Crazy quality match, best by far this year. Murray played an awesome match and did nothing wrong really, but when Fed plays like this, no one can beat him.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Amazing performance by GOAT. On par with Shanghai 2014 SF.
Murray's groundstrokes were shaky. He was nervous.

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Oh yeah...almost forgot that BP Murray had in game one. Did not expect it to be his last :lol:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Outrageous performance. Andy unravelled as it went on, but unravelled from playing at a very high level himself, and I can't be too critical after that.

Near 80% first serves in, serving like that?! Is that a joke? Frankly, I'm stunned. And at the age he's at - this is why he's the best ever.

Hope the old man wins the title.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Murray lost the match when he won the coin toss and elected to receive. That meant Fed broke for the first set, broke for the second set and broke for the third set to win

Reactions: Johnbert

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Roger Federer has played a lot of incredible matches. That is among the best performances of his entire career.

Murray played an outstanding match and did well to hang in there. Federer was just sublime. Every single stroke was firing. Don't even get me started on his serve.

Obscene performance. If anyone has a bad word to say about either player, that person deserves a slap.
Good to see you back, Clydey. Thank fuck an Andy fan with some bloody sense (Moozza too) can see that this was just too good from Roger and not Andy just choking and playing horribly, which he didn't.

Reactions: GhostUnholy

·
Registered
672 Posts
Roger Federer played unbelievable today; I haven't seen him play that well in a long, long time. It was like he found Doc Brown's DeLorean and brought a 2006 version of himself to play Murray. If Federer plays like that on Sunday, he'll beat Djokovic for the title.

·
Registered
29,418 Posts
A fantastic performance by Federer really. He served like a monster, kept going on the offensive, and stayed mentally in it for the whole match. And finally timed his pushes to break Murray to perfection.

Masterful stuff from the greatest. I wonder if he can keep up this level in the final, it seems almost impossible, but this match was worth it.

61 - 80 of 362 Posts