1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Twitter:

https://twitter.com/normansweden/status/482965688269959168

Magnus Norman said:
Rain today. Got canceled. No play sunday bcause tradition. Now the bracket with Stan has to play 3 days b2b best of 5 if wanna go through
Despite opening this thread, I see also good things in the no-play Middle Sunday. That means one day less of play on CC's grass, keeping it just a bit fresher and faster. And also otherwise, I actually like one day of break from tennis.

But the problem is that the Middle Sunday may screw players if they are behind the schedule because of rain.

Here's my solution: Have no matches originally scheduled for the Middle Sunday but use it as a catch-up day if the R32 isn't completed yet. To avoid the grass wearing off on CC & C1, have these late R32 matches only on outside courts which won't have much use on the second week. Have the R16 still on Monday like previously.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
He's fucking right.

**** the tradition, this is not fair.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Wimblefix wants their big 4 SF.

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
From Twitter:

https://twitter.com/normansweden/status/482965688269959168

Despite opening this thread, I see also good things in the no-play Middle Sunday. That means one day less of play on CC's grass, keeping it just a bit fresher and faster. And also otherwise, I actually like one day of break from tennis.

But the problem is that the Middle Sunday may screw players if they are behind the schedule because of rain.

Here's my solution: Have no matches originally scheduled for the Middle Sunday but use it as a catch-up day if the R32 isn't completed yet. To avoid the grass wearing off on CC & C1, have these late R32 matches only on outside courts which won't have much use on the second week. Have the R16 still on Monday like previously.
you forget that in the second week the outside courts are used for Junior's tourney. They only play bo3 though.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Wimbledon clearly don't recognize Stans fake Asterisk Open slam, that's why Wimbledon is the best tournament in the world, they give preference to real slam winners and fully appreciate the Asterisked slam.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
This a royal bullshit pure and simple..Very unfair for Stan and co.. and i would be really justified to make the biggest of shitstorms about it..

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Wimbledon clearly don't recognize Stans fake Asterisk Open slam, that's why Wimbledon is the best tournament in the world, they give preference to real slam winners and fully appreciate the Asterisked slam.
Wimbledon sucks. Deal with it UKtard :wavey:. Ao is 10000000x better tournament it terms of organization, TV, tennis level. Wimby is even worse than some masters (IW and Rome).

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
AO is the best organized GS by a LARGE (and I mean really large) margin. What happened today is a real disgrace to the sport.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
AO is the best organized GS by a LARGE (and I mean really large) margin. What happened today is a real disgrace to the sport.
They could have had both Isner-Lopez and Wawa-Istomin done on CC almost 3 or 4 hours under the roof after Federer match..Absolutely disgusting...

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They could have had both Isner-Lopez and Wawa-Istomin done on CC almost 3 or 4 hours under the roof after Federer match..Absolutely disgusting...
Yeah, they've added so often matches to CC to stay in schedule so I can't understand why Wimblefix Wimbledon couldn't do that.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
What's with the Sheila Open love?

It's played in ridiculous heat, has awful semi-final scheduling and play is often stopped so we can 'enjoy' fireworks and celebrate New Zealand.

It's the diddy slam.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Yes because obviously both of those matches could have been finished in 3-4 hours :facepalm:
"could" :rolleyes:..Servebotting on indoors courts can get things wrapped up easily..Worth a shot just to squeeze more playing time..A bit of rescheduling on other courts and both of them would have been started at 18:00 local time..Organizers were clearly having none of that from the beginning..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Every year same shit. Cant they build fucking roof to cover atleast 4 courts? And why they didint move any match to main court cos there is best light and roof? so stupid..

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Not both of them but yeah, they should have played there.

Ivanovic-Lisicki wasn't moved to CC and now they are suspended for 3 days after 1 set, lol.

This is pathetic stuff, especially coming from the most prestigious tournament in the world.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts