Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Re: Murray def. Anderson 6:4,6:3,7-6

Murray needs to work on that 2nd serve..if Anderson can make him pay like that I can't even imagine what Djokovic or Nadal will do.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I forgot add Wimbledon R16:D i was just laughing that still no thread for Murray that no one cares:D

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

Raonic is Rafa's real threat, not Murray with that second serve.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts

Anderson is such a putz. Murray correctly guessed so many times where anderson's "passing" shot will go.

·
Registered
903 Posts

Disgusting player lost. It was the right result. Tennis has no place for servebots.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

Under 34 games, atta boy Andaaaaay :yeah:

·
Registered
889 Posts

Murray is looking very good and unless Djokovic can elevate his play or Dimitrov finally becomes a man and takes him on, you'd expect him to get to the final.

If Murray does get to the final, he will stand little chance vs Nadal, but a great chance against the others.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts

Murray needs to work on that 2nd serve..if Anderson can make him pay like that I can't even imagine what Djokovic or Nadal will do.
Have you ever seen Nadal return? He stands 5 feet behind the baseline. If he can hurt Murray from there, good luck to him.

Djokovic is a much more potent second serve returner than Nadal, taking the ball very early. He isn't nearly as aggressive as some make him out to be, though.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

Murray's motorboat looks a lot rustier than Rusty's.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts

Anderson played well in that final set. The first set was all Andy and the second set was fairly even except for the first 3 games before the rain delay.

Overall, not a bad match from Andy but it's been his weakest so far.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts

Saw last few games. IMO it could go even to 5th under the roof if Anderson would have pulled the 3rd. Also disgusting home "linesman" at 3-3 point when Murray has returned into out....

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Murray is a luck for the final. I'd be surprised if he does not get it

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

Have you ever seen Nadal return? He stands 5 feet behind the baseline. If he can hurt Murray from there, good luck to him.

Djokovic is a much more potent second serve returner than Nadal, taking the ball very early. He isn't nearly as aggressive as some make him out to be, though.
If Murray meets Nadal it will be in the final, and trust me, at that point Nadal will make him pay.

·
Administrator
6,072 Posts

Great to see another routine win for Murray. Thankfully avoided dropping the 3rd set tiebreak like Ferrer did against Anderson at the French.

Was slightly worried about this potential match from the beginning, it was a dangerous one if Murray had one of his lapses or if he kept handing back breaks of serve. Glad to see him progress through this match as you would normally expect - this is the first tournament this year he has actually looked like a real top 8 / top 4 seed again. British people tuning in to Wimbledon for their 2 weeks of tennis a year will be confused about why Murray is potentially down at #9 after this tournament :lol:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Anderson was playing great in the 3rd set and as for the 2nd serve yeah it's weak but he's beat Djokovic in 2 grand slam finals with the same 2nd serve you talk like it just appeared last week.

If it's so easy just to rip winners off of that 2nd serve why does Novak ever lose to Murray?

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Saw last few games. IMO it could go even to 5th under the roof if Anderson would have pulled the 3rd. Also disgusting home "linesman" at 3-3 point when Murray has returned into out....
Anderson should've challenged then....:stupid:

Good win for Murray. Was very impressive in the outdoors part of the match and hit some epic passes. A bit Federer-esque on BPs and a couple of embarrassing second serves (even by his standard) are my only real complaints.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts