1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simon played very well.

·
6,249 Posts
Re: WWW: Wimbledon R4 Suspended: Del Potro 7-6, 7-6, 5-7

Simon is the ultimate counterpuncher to a big hitter like Delpo, but still not expecting such a close contest.

·
Registered
972 Posts

Are all mens QF matches on Wednesday? If so, the winner of this could be quite tired for it if there's another 2 sets tomorrow, and 4/5 setter on Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts

Bad quality.

Del Potro needs to raise his level considerably to have a chance against Nadal.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

Simon could have won this one in straights; I thought he was the marginally better player in all 3 sets.

·
23,064 Posts

Is it dark already, I mean usually isn't it 9:30 they stop? Anyway, hope Del Po finishes it in 4. For some reason I found the match a bit boring with Del Po while being agressive was not as risky enough/creative enough to break Simon faster. Was clutch for most moments though in rallies.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

OP, can you complete the title?

Simon plays very well. Great anticipation, quick, hitting flat and deep, very clean.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

OK Simon, you took a set, you can go home happy. But for tennis, Del Potro needs to take the match since he will put up a fight against Nadal.
NAdal needs to be Fresh to fight the biggest evil on tennis, which for me is Djokovic.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

FFS Put the damn match on CC.
They can't, Jamie and Viktorija Azarenka are playing mixed doubles against Robert Farah and Anna-Lena Groenefeld there. They are also still playing mixed on Court 3 as well.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts

Dull's luck :bs:

·
23,064 Posts
Re: WWW? Wimbledon R4: Del Potro vs. Simon 7-6(1) 7-6(5) 5-7 {Suspended}

Sadly, it's not Middle Saturday, hence I doubt they'll change court assignment for this, but I do hope they are able to start somewhat early and their QF match will be a bit later.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Re: WWW? Wimbledon R4: Del Potro vs. Simon 7-6(1) 7-6(5) 5-7 {Suspended}

Fuck Wimbledon and their scheduling. It's the men who play 5 sets always getting their matches suspended and carried over to the following day.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts