Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good win for Cilic even though he tried hard to choke in the end. Should be a tough one for Novak if he keeps up this form.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Why wow? Cilic is playing extremely well atm. He seems to be confident and focused. He was very aggressive, hit almost 60 winners, served out of his mind, excellent net play ... Everything is clicking.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Why wow? Cilic is playing extremely well atm. He seems to be confident and focused. He was very aggressive, hit almost 60 winners, served out of his mind, excellent net play ... Everything is clicking.
Ivanisevic is the best thing him happend. Interestin 90% of Croats didn't believe in that combionation cause Goran is "nut-case".
His tennis was really great in some matches of Rotterdam and IW, then again very, very good in RG and he is in life form now.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
chardy, a waster as always :hug:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Great to see Marin in next round, but Chardy was good, tought match and maybe Cilic was little bit lucky that won 1st set, i was worried he will loose that, he was worse player, Chardy even had BP in 1st set and was up 3-0 in tie-break so maybe good there came rain break and Chardy didn´t won 1st set tie-break.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Ivanisevic is the best thing him happend. Interestin 90% of Croats didn't believe in that combionation cause Goran is "nut-case".
His tennis was really great in some matches of Rotterdam and IW, then again very, very good in RG and he is in life form now.
Goran was a nutcase as a player but he seems to be doing a great job with Marin as a coach. They are two completely different characters but they seem to compliment one another. While Goran is a borderline 'psycho' Marin is always calm and composed. I've said so many times on this board that Cilic deserves more respect.

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
Second serve could be a liability against Djokovic (assuming he beats Tsonga), but everything else is great.

Glad to see him picking up real points here. He will be back into the top twenty very soon. Thank God we won't have to put up with another NID borefest between Chardy and Djokovic. I like Chardy but he gets routined far too easily by Djokovic. Cilic has given him more of a fight this year.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Bring on Djokovic on grass :)

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Cilic seems to stand a bit more straight on the serve, bending his back less than he used to and maybe getting more pace because of that. Might it be Goran's doing? In any case, nice to see him play well again after having great results in late 2009 - early 2010.

·
Registered
802 Posts
What a monster serve, never seen him serve this well in any tournament. :eek:

And it's not just the number of aces, what surprises me the most is the first serve percentage. Usually he is around 50%. Now we see what would happen with his game if he could just get up there with the top guys in first serve %.

GL in QF, just keep serving like this. :worship:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Please tell me where did you find that stat? In the Croatian media Marin getting Goran as his coach was hyped as a great move, and on the forums I didn't see any Croat saying it won't work, even more so that it won't work because of Goran. To be honest, you seem to be the only one who tends to think it's not working well, but then you change your mind when Marin strings a few wins. :)

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Goran really helped him improve his serving which makes Cilic very tough to beat on grass. Can Marin pull a 2001 Goran?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
BAsically Cilic is getting where he was before, top 15 player - close to top 10 all the time 13th 12th in the world and now if come back with that same baseline game, FH, BH, return - which always was great for tall guy + his bigger new serve he should be top 10 really.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts